Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tangerine

More Interest on ING Accounts

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2006 11:21 am
Tags:
None
Mar 30, 2005
299 posts
London

[Tangerine] More Interest on ING Accounts

More offers from Tangerine
Wasn't entire sure where this should go... It's not a contest, so I decided it should go here...

http://www.ingdirect.ca/en/savingssale.html

[quote]1. The ING DIRECT (the
Pepsi iPod an Hour: Loss
Pepsi Be The First to Play: Loss
Pepsi Win Every Hour: Loss
Pepsi Score Every Hour: Loss
70 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6830 posts
1257 upvotes
Yup :) But good for those who missed it the first time it was brought up I guess.
Sep 3, 2004
390 posts
8 upvotes
Their GIC rates are also up, in case anyone didn't notice ;) .
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6830 posts
1257 upvotes
radeonboy wrote:Is ING safe to use?
Sure is! I love it.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16011 posts
7474 upvotes
RFD
Arrow wrote:Sure is! I love it.
Just wondering because I think I want to take the dive and open up a ISA. Just need to read up on it more. Do I have to deposit money within a timeframe or can I just drop money into it anytime? And the money grows each month due to the 2.4% interest correct?

TY :cheesygri
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6830 posts
1257 upvotes
I'm not sure about the answer to your first question. However, to your second question - I believe interest is calculated daily. It is then deposited into your account at the end of the month. Switching money to/from ING and your regular bank takes 1-2 days, and just takes a few clicks of the mouse.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15718 posts
7437 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You can deposit money into the ISA account at any time, or you can set up pre-authorized deposits if you want to do regular deposits.

Just remember the 2.4% is per annum. Interest is calculated daily, and deposited at the end of each month.
Mar 25, 2005
295 posts
80 upvotes
windsor
ICICI bank is giving 3% APR. I guess this is the highest interest rate any body is giving. I were you, I would open ICICI bank account. You will get $20 bonus as well.
Thanks,
Naresh
[
QUOTE=rvs007]You can deposit money into the ISA account at any time, or you can set up pre-authorized deposits if you want to do regular deposits.

Just remember the 2.4% is per annum. Interest is calculated daily, and deposited at the end of each month.[/QUOTE]
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16011 posts
7474 upvotes
RFD
Stop flooding my PM with referals folks :D I havent decided yet and dont even know 100 percent if I will sign up. Its up to the "family" to decide, but Im pushing them to let me do it.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1384 posts
575 upvotes
lol.

yea ING direct is pretty good.
ICICI isnt as well known in Canada... but they are pretty big in India i believe.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1885 posts
711 upvotes
Toronto
In addition, ICICI does not have a particular stellar track record, at least on RFD. Search the forums and see.
How I try to save money: Koodo Mobile $29 30GB LTE / Teksavvy rCable $68 150 / Freephoneline $0 / No TV! / Flipp
How I try to make money: Amex Cobalt / GCR / Rakuten / TopCashback / Wealthsimple Mastercard / EQ Bank Mastercard
Jul 8, 2005
9 posts
Honestly, I will prefer BMO flexible GIC. Called them today, the reate increased to 3.1% .
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2004
7629 posts
97253 upvotes
Coquitlam
I have np with ing.
I have a us savings account there. When I first put my money into it June 04 they gave me 1.00%. By the end of the year it was raised to 1.25% and in June they raised the rate to 2.25%. I keep my money in that account. So I don't have the change my money every time I travel into the states. But they don't give the 3.00% bonus on the us account. But it was alot better than the 0.05% rate I was getting from Vancity on my us account.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6830 posts
1257 upvotes
TYinYVR wrote:I have np with ing.
I have a us savings account there. When I first put my money into it June 04 they gave me 1.00%. By the end of the year it was raised to 1.25% and in June they raised the rate to 2.25%. I keep my money in that account. So I don't have the change my money every time I travel into the states. But they don't give the 3.00% bonus on the us account. But it was alot better than the 0.05% rate I was getting from Vancity on my us account.
Is the link-up done the same way with the ING US account (as their ISA Cdn account)?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2004
7629 posts
97253 upvotes
Coquitlam
Arrow wrote:Is the link-up done the same way with the ING US account (as their ISA Cdn account)?
Yes I had to get a US checking Account with Vancity because you can't link a CDN fund account to the US account. It didn't cost me anything to open my checking account. But I had to order checks that I will never use. :cheesygri
Mar 25, 2005
295 posts
80 upvotes
windsor
I am pretty much happy with ICICI bank. ING bank trick is 3% rate only on money you deposited after 31st August. Suppose if you have 3000 dollars by end of August. Now your balance is $3500. YOu will get 3% APR on $500 and rest is 2.4% only. I might be wrong but I understood like that from their advertisement.

quanta wrote:In addition, ICICI does not have a particular stellar track record, at least on RFD. Search the forums and see.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)