Careers

More Productive - Home or Office?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2019 5:59 pm
Tags:

Poll: Where are you most productive?

• Total votes: 12. You have voted on this poll.
Home

42%
Office

58%
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes

More Productive - Home or Office?

Are you more productive working from home or at the office?
7 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41800 posts
30055 upvotes
Center of Universe
I need to be in the office in order to sign off on reqs, contracts and meet customers.
When at home, all I can do is work on reports and clean up my email inbox.
Really depends on your role and responsibility.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1451 posts
811 upvotes
Torontario
I continue claiming to my bosses that I most productive from the Caribbean beach with a beer in my hand.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
8524 posts
2941 upvotes
0 downvotes
Office For The Win.

In an office, I can do my work, print reports, have meetings, eat a balanced and nutritious meal on my lunch break, pretty productive. But if I were to work from home I would probably be a Lazy A** and play clash of clans or clash royal all day long on my phone, or candy crush, and text my friends back and forth, and not get any work done
Supermarket worker at Fortino's
I'm Not a Wise Guy but more of a Good Fella~!
Drive an Escalade
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
2050 posts
925 upvotes
HK
Office, because I tend to do other things when I'm remote.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6737 posts
3998 upvotes
Toronto
Office. I'll put my hand up and admit that when I'm "working from home", work isn't my priority unless it's really urgent (i.e. working on the weekend at home to meet a deadline vs. taking a day at home during the week). It's more like being on call... sure, I'll be available for calls and I'll work here and there, but I'm home for a reason (e.g. waiting for the plumber to come) and work fits around that reason rather than the other way around. If I'm working from home for no real reason, the reason is I don't really have much work to do today and I don't want to have to fake it in front of everyone.
Nov 15, 2016
543 posts
472 upvotes
Working from home full-time, I can say my work motivation has gone down a bit from being in the office. It's normal behavior since there's more distractions at home. Now that I work from home more, I'm re-aligning myself to be more productive and stay focused. Developing a routine and schedule definitely helps vs. slouching out of bed and going to your work computer.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
9295 posts
3156 upvotes
Mississauga
At the office. I do graphics for our company. I have a laptop that i hook up to a monitor at work. I can't see anything from the laptop screen. Plus I have to answer the technical calls. Plus I like be the office.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.