Tags:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10527 posts
647 upvotes
Mississauga

More Sears Store Closures [current: 20-40% off everything*]

A lot more Sears store closures are underway. Can't find anything anywhere or on their website (doesn't mention anything about any store closures). Liquidators moved in last Monday. The stores will close in March.

Let's list off which locations are shuttering. Ones I can confirm are the following:
Dixie Outlet

Everything 20 - 40% off except for merchandise brought in by the liquidators.
89 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1731 posts
2382 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
Sad state of affairs. I have enjoyed their online business, however. I think it's getting competitive.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2005
1409 posts
275 upvotes
London, ON
This could explain why my coffee machine hasn't shipped yet.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
1753 posts
847 upvotes
YYC
Did they say where the closures are?
Mar 19, 2012
924 posts
225 upvotes
What happens if the stuff we buy from Sears are defective or not working properly? I've recently bought car bed, hoover etc. and want to know if any one of them no longer works or break.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2933 posts
2196 upvotes
GTA
superxxxstud wrote: Sad state of affairs. I have enjoyed their online business, however. I think it's getting competitive.
I wouldn't say it was purely competition that killed Sears. The bigger factor is extremely poor management. As for their online presence, have you actually used their site??? It's not well done and full of errors. What's more, they keep burning their customers who in turn go elsewhere. I hate seeing the effects on the staff who are just following orders, but the only way to survive is if the people at the top are changed. Otherwise it's just a prolonged death.
Dec 18, 2015
30 posts
29 upvotes
Cocoon wrote: What happens if the stuff we buy from Sears are defective or not working properly? I've recently bought car bed, hoover etc. and want to know if any one of them no longer works or break.
They are just closing some stores (ie: 'restructuring'). The company as a whole will be around for a couple more years likely.
Dec 5, 2010
22 posts
5 upvotes
I had a terrible experience with Sears ordering online. Just awful. And their "customer service" was some of the worst I've ever dealt with. I'm not surprised at all that they are closing stores.

I have fond memories of the Sears catalogue when I was a kid, but those days are long over.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2933 posts
2196 upvotes
GTA
Right after my post above I received an e-mail from Sears because I just bought a treadmill from them... I'll let you judge just how pathetic it is by pasting some of the content:

Thanks for your recent purchase of NordicTrack® 'T6.3' 2.6 CHP Treadmill.
Complete your purchase with these complementary items
WholeHome®/MD Solid Heavyweight Flannel Sheet Set $39.99
Tradition®/MD Denim Comfort Pull-On Pant $14.97
Pair Of Synthetic Pillows $12.99

Like what???
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10527 posts
647 upvotes
Mississauga
Importz wrote: Did they say where the closures are?
Staff is pretty clueless. I was shopping there last Saturday and they had a regular 40% off all clothing. Asked how long that sale would be for and she said at least a few weeks. Monday, the liquidation signs went up.

Cashier was telling everyone the store was closing in March. When I asked how many of the stores were closing and she said "all?" (in an inquisitive manner -- so don't take her word for it).

I asked a few friends and one confirmed local one in Brampton was under liquidation as well.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2453 posts
2825 upvotes
what store closures. the only thing I can find are sears closing a few stores that their leases expired. if there was massive stores closing it would be on the news. IMO the thread title should be changed.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7922 posts
3539 upvotes
Inaccurate title. You only listed one location that is closing.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10527 posts
647 upvotes
Mississauga
LNahid2000 wrote: Inaccurate title. You only listed one location that is closing.
No, there are multiple stores closing. People have to report whether their local stores are closing and when. Sears isn't publishing any notices regarding this recent push for closures.
Banned
Jun 14, 2007
1674 posts
409 upvotes
tilting_msh wrote: I had a terrible experience with Sears ordering online. Just awful. And their "customer service" was some of the worst I've ever dealt with. I'm not surprised at all that they are closing stores.

I have fond memories of the Sears catalogue when I was a kid, but those days are long over.
+1
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4970 posts
3128 upvotes
I often think it's the baby boomers that keep Sears afloat, just like with The Brick.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2014
1178 posts
1363 upvotes
BC
Sears have a policy of closing loss-making stores as their leases expire. They've been doing that since about 2012/13.

Some of the Sears stores that have closed are Franchises (ie some of the Sears Home stores). Some of these have actually been taken over by Sears Canada when they were closed by the Franchisees and re-opened by Sears a couple of weeks later.

As for The Brick, it seems to be mainly young gullible customers in there, buying the boxed Chinese crap that they sell.

There are quite a few Sears stores operating as Clearance Stores (Brampton, Abbotsford and others....???) and these have been 'Liquidating' stock for ages - over two years so far.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16916 posts
7658 upvotes
Toronto
dmdsoftware2 wrote: A lot more Sears store closures are underway. Can't find anything anywhere or on their website (doesn't mention anything about any store closures). Liquidators moved in last Monday. The stores will close in March.

Let's list off which locations are shuttering. Ones I can confirm are the following:
Dixie Outlet

Everything 20 - 40% off except for merchandise brought in by the liquidators.
What is your source for this? Just one cashier? Are you sure it wasn't one cashier simply speculating that it MIGHT close?

I also highly doubt that they would leak this info to the employees at this time of year, can't afford to lose staff right now.

This is already a clearance outlet store and likely one of their lower overhead stores.

The Dixie store has been full of junk from liquidators for months / years already. Same deal with Rexdale Outlet store.

Inventory brought in from liquidators does not mean the store is closing.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
20611 posts
9139 upvotes
Toronto
I was at Dixie Mall Sears Outlet last week and no indication of closing. Where are you getting your information from?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)