Off Topic

More specific Coronavirus data in British Columbia just released

Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1456 posts
1438 upvotes
DanChristianYeung wrote: I hope that the Edmonton numbers start to slow down though, we were at about 50 active cases a week and a half ago and it's now over 100.
Came from gatherings in the Millwoods area...not surprised if you know what i mean.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
9004 posts
2580 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
UrbanPoet wrote: Not his fault. It aint like the streets where you do it without paying taxes or following any regulations..

Plus he isnt really a drug dealer. Nearly Every single person before who smoked week “Sold drugs”. Most typically... you get a bulk discount for buy an ounce or more. Then you split it with your buddies to get a deal.

Kind of like how you arent exactly a retail electronic sales man or telecommunication sales consultant because you did a few group buys on rfd.

From the article,
”Michael" said he remembered buying hash from Doug Ford at least half a dozen times – before he found a cheaper source – and that each time he bought between one-quarter and one-half of a pound.
He bought between a quarter-pound and half-pound of hash (not grass) at a time?!? Imagine how much hash the sellers must have had sitting around to be able to sell quarter and half pounds at a time.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

“Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
43740 posts
6963 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
MexiCanuck wrote: From the article,

He bought between a quarter-pound and half-pound of hash (not grass) at a time?!? Imagine how much hash the sellers must have had sitting around to be able to sell quarter and half pounds at a time.
Could have been pay as you go drug dealing.
In the very small scale.
E.g.

Hi doug! I need 1/4 lb of hash...

Doug : okie :)

* makes phone call *

Doug : hey supplier... i need just 1/2lb of hash...

Sell 1/4 @ a high mark up... so you can get a discount on the other 1/2 lb for you and your friends to smoke.

It would explain why he moved on when he found a cheaper supplier.

Plus a young rambunctious doug ford... imagine having a party with 20 of your buddies. Something any young man would like to do on the weekend...
Each of you smoke 1 gram of hash... boom thats 20 grams!

Have one of these party’s once a week... boom! Thats 2 pounds of hash per year...
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1456 posts
1438 upvotes
DanChristianYeung wrote: Hey now, that's where I grew up :)
Not judging :) The new cases are tied to a handful of gatherings and not really anything to worry about.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2010
6237 posts
2967 upvotes
So not that there's much direct response to my question about "why BC" but it kind of sounds like what I surmised. That it's really Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal that grabs the attention. Because Vancouver is not the relative disaster that Toronto and Montreal are, all hail British Columbia!!

Ignores the fact that BC is near the bottom of the list of all provinces and territories in pretty much every meaningful category per capita but, hey, woohoo BC!!
Dec 4, 2009
310 posts
191 upvotes
Seems people forget that Ontario and QC had earlier March break than B.C. and AB did... Many of the sick were travelers and expats that came home from abroad....
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9782 posts
1861 upvotes
Victoria
Todd96srv wrote: Seems people forget that Ontario and QC had earlier March break than B.C. and AB did... Many of the sick were travelers and expats that came home from abroad....
I think that made part of the difference. I think the Ontario one was a week before BC. The other part was the BC government was saying don't travel for spring break, while Ontario was saying go have a good time.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
9004 posts
2580 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
Bubblegum86 wrote: Cool, now we are back to Germany in 1940. Force people into camps and remove freedom of movement. Some people are so afraid they would give up everything that was fought for in the last century.
Nazis captured people and put them into camps so that people would die.

During covid, Malaysia advised people in advance that if they travel to the country they would be required to be isolated for a brief period of time so that that people would not die.
The facilities gazetted include public universities, community colleges, technical institutes, stadiums and prominent hotels.

Among the prominent five-star lodging facilities gazetted are the Palace of the Golden Horses in Seri Kembangan, Tanjung Rhu Resort in Langkawi, Grand Millennium Kuala Lumpur, Hilton Kuala Lumpur and Dorsett Grand Subang in Subang Jaya.
I won't post pictures of Auschwitz here as I think people have ideas as to what it was like. But here are some examples from Malaysia.

Thank you for sharing with us your twisted thought processes that equate places of genocide with places to preserve life.

In any case, Malaysia has sufficiently reduced its covid risks that people entering now self-isolate at home.
Effective 10 June 2020, all Malaysian citizens and foreigners including Permanent Resident or/and their Dependants, Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) pass holders, Diplomats and expatriates will be able to undergo 14-day self-quarantine at their own homes instead of government-approved quarantine centres.
https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/kr/en/ ... ntine.html
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

“Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg