Real Estate

Moron sellers, a case study....

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2019 11:21 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
2727 posts
2862 upvotes
Toronto

Moron sellers, a case study....

if you cant sell for over 2 years at the asking price, maybe dont raise it another $1.6 million???

what an idiot..... btw homes like this in my area are lucky to get $3 million , maybe high 2's....

https://housesigma.com/web/en/house/dXa ... 8-C4403534

2019-04-03


$5,880,000

For sale

C4403534
2018-10-09

2019-03-31

$4,288,000

Expired

C4270481
26 replies
Deal Addict
May 9, 2017
1065 posts
1098 upvotes
joepipe wrote: if you cant sell for over 2 years at the asking price, maybe dont raise it another $1.6 million???

what an idiot..... btw homes like this in my area are lucky to get $3 million , maybe high 2's....

https://housesigma.com/web/en/house/dXa ... 8-C4403534

2019-04-03


$5,880,000

For sale

C4403534
2018-10-09

2019-03-31

$4,288,000

Expired

C4270481
Hahahaha, They also tried listing for a $1 a few years ago.

Next they are going to accept payment in bitcoin.

I bet Jay blames the realtor.
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
12574 posts
7806 upvotes
"but but but why do you care?"

Anyways, the lower price was probably to start a bidding war, which didn't happen. The current price is around what they wanted. Is it the seller, the agent or both?

Price is obviously too high.
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
12574 posts
7806 upvotes
NotRobot wrote: Hahahaha, They also tried listing for a $1 a few years ago.

Next they are going to accept payment in bitcoin.

I bet Jay blames the realtor.
So then I guess the realtor is useless. Good to see they won't be accepting their commission. Face With Tears Of Joy

In NotRotbot's world bad realtors/bad strategies do not exist.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2016
1856 posts
882 upvotes
Maybe they spent $500 in listing fees and got a lot of entertainment value out of it?
Deal Addict
May 9, 2017
1065 posts
1098 upvotes
JayLove06 wrote: So then I guess the realtor is useless. Good to see they won't be accepting their commission. Face With Tears Of Joy

In NotRotbot's world bad realtors/bad strategies do not exist.
I'm not sure who NotRotbot is but he sounds like a real jerk.
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
12574 posts
7806 upvotes
NotRobot wrote: I'm not sure who NotRotbot is but he sounds like a real jerk.
Big time! Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 8, 2010
1382 posts
1074 upvotes
Ontario
The house was purchased in FEB 2017 for 3.2 million, now they want to sell for 5.5 million. That will be a great steal, if they can do it.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1647 posts
574 upvotes
Calgary
Cant access the listing. does someone have an alternative link?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
2727 posts
2862 upvotes
Toronto
masarwar wrote: Thank you. Man thats one weird home. Single car garage. Listing says walkout basement, but its a walkup? extreme wallpaper and tile in the basement. Also not to mention over-saturated photos lol.
I laughed at the single garage too.... this thing is worth 2.5 million tops....
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1647 posts
574 upvotes
Calgary
joepipe wrote: I laughed at the single garage too.... this thing is worth 2.5 million tops....
How much is the lot worth, realistically?
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
12574 posts
7806 upvotes
For that amount of money, I need a lot more than that. Finishes are average, 1 car garage. You could get a great house for that price in a better location all custom finishes.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2809 posts
928 upvotes
Newmarket
joepipe wrote: I laughed at the single garage too.... this thing is worth 2.5 million tops....
It used to be a bungalow with the garage exactly the same size, I gather they did the second floor addition while keeping the same footprint.
Looks really odd.

Top