Real Estate

Mortgage Instructions Sent to Lawyer! What is next?

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2021 3:30 pm
[OP]
Mar 18, 2021
5 posts
7 upvotes

Mortgage Instructions Sent to Lawyer! What is next?

I have my closing coming in 2 weeks. My lawyer got the instructions from the lender today. Does this mean, everything is good to go?

In case if I have to prepone the closing by a week, Do I have to get them to send the instructions again to a lawyer?

Thanks in Adance.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
3370 posts
1326 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Now your lawyer will go through the paperwork and ensure that all the solicitor conditions have been met. They'll also do other checks, such as making sure that there are no liens against the property, etc...

Then you go in and sign the paperwork and drop off a bank draft for the remaining funds 2-3 days before closing.

Why do you want to change the closing date now?
<removed>
[OP]
Mar 18, 2021
5 posts
7 upvotes
Thanks.

I want to close it a week early so I can move in early :)
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
3370 posts
1326 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Vasenok wrote: Thanks.

Sure, but it's not as simple as that.

There's a lot going on behind the scenes with the lenders/lawyers exchanging funds on the day of closing, so I would say leave it as is and stick with the agreed upon closing date.

If it's urgent then talk to your lawyer.
<removed>
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
5518 posts
4589 upvotes
Vasenok wrote: Thanks.

don't think it's possible (without incurring extra costs) because the lawyers have to prepare statement of adjustments and prorate everything property taxes and any other amounts that may have already been paid or due, utilities will have to be notified of the new date as well as municipality. Don't think the costs (assuming all the parties and lawyers agree and it can be accomodated ) is worth the cost