Real Estate

Mortgage Rate

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2018 2:57 pm
Feb 5, 2018
3 posts

Mortgage Rate

So my closing date is coming up on September 10, with a possession date of September 11. Yes, I know, I've left this a bit late. I do have an approval in place with HSBC at their rate, which is currently 2.64%. The total purchase price of our new townhome is $779,415. We will be putting down $179,415 to get our total mortgage amount to $600,000. I should add we live in BC and are first time buyers. Anyways, I am posting because I am less than impressed with HSBC's customer service. The person at the bank with whom I have been dealing has been frustratingly incompetent at the best of times. At the time, they were also offering a $500 credit for opening up a premiere account (mortgage over $500,000), as well as a $1000 credit for opening a new mortgage with them, although I am not sure if that is still the case as of writing this. Anyways, I am wondering if anyone in this forum can suggest another alternative that would offer similar or better value while also being able to close over the next three weeks. If there is a broker in this forum who can help, please feel free to contact me. Thanks!
2 replies
Sep 9, 2014
627 posts
594 upvotes
Vancouver
Post the same question in the stickied mortgage rate (here). One of the mortgage brokers might be able to help you.
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2014
11233 posts
3350 upvotes
Toronto
RedOctober24 wrote: So my closing date is coming up on September 10, with a possession date of September 11. Yes, I know, I've left this a bit late. I do have an approval in place with HSBC at their rate, which is currently 2.64%. The total purchase price of our new townhome is $779,415. We will be putting down $179,415 to get our total mortgage amount to $600,000. I should add we live in BC and are first time buyers. Anyways, I am posting because I am less than impressed with HSBC's customer service. The person at the bank with whom I have been dealing has been frustratingly incompetent at the best of times. At the time, they were also offering a $500 credit for opening up a premiere account (mortgage over $500,000), as well as a $1000 credit for opening a new mortgage with them, although I am not sure if that is still the case as of writing this. Anyways, I am wondering if anyone in this forum can suggest another alternative that would offer similar or better value while also being able to close over the next three weeks. If there is a broker in this forum who can help, please feel free to contact me. Thanks!
With 20%-24.99% down, best rate is 2.65% via brokers. If you can get the down payment to 25%, we can do 2.60%.

But start NOW! It's really tight.
Kevin Somnauth, CFA
Principal Broker/Owner - First Toronto Mortgage - MA (Ontario #13176, BC #X301007)
Real Estate Salesperson - Century 21 Innovative

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)