Real Estate

The most affordable place to live in Toronto?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2018 1:30 pm
[OP]
Jun 22, 2018
18 posts
3 upvotes

The most affordable place to live in Toronto?

Hi,
I need to find a room for next month.
but the rent ,even for a room is high.
Do you know any place near TTC that the rent is affordable.

Thanks,
6 replies
Feb 25, 2018
567 posts
215 upvotes
Check on Kijiji, under shared accommodations, you can find a room to rent. Or get yourself a cart like this guy....Image
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
50570 posts
14943 upvotes
ONTARIO
jenlinguria wrote: Hi,
I need to find a room for next month.
but the rent ,even for a room is high.
Do you know any place near TTC that the rent is affordable.

Thanks,
Rents in the Victoria Park and Danforth area is cheaper (Relatively). The area is well equipped being near the subway station and tons of stores.
The area isn't gun shot bang bang rough. It is a lower income area and many new immigrants.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2012
1098 posts
1147 upvotes
Toronto
Jane & Finch but I doubt anyone sane would want to live there.
Deal Guru
Feb 22, 2011
13196 posts
16784 upvotes
Toronto
Scarborough, some areas are not bad, especially by UTSC. You can even find rooms in houses with international students that are very cheap and from what I hear, clean and quiet. I debated buying a renting house but thought it was too much effort.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2012
1098 posts
1147 upvotes
Toronto
flexgrip wrote: Yet people are paying over $600K for for semis in this neighborhood....arguably one of the worst neighborhoods in Toronto.

https://www.bungol.ca/listing/W4109638/
https://www.bungol.ca/listing/W4137869/
They are making a bet that the area will gentrify and become the new Willowdale.

The problem is that the Liberals’ plan to ramp up their mass immigration diversity scheme. Immigration will go up incessantly to provide new Liberal voters. Most will go to Vancouver and Toronto. In what neighbourhoods do you think the deplorables among them will settle?