Expired Hot Deals

Most & Best Shop

$329 Crown BF03 Range Hood (Mississauga, ON)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2017 7:41 pm
[OP]
Nov 8, 2007
638 posts
359 upvotes

$329 Crown BF03 Range Hood (Mississauga, ON)

Price:
Savings:
$200
Expiry:
August 11, 2017
Retailer:
Most & Best Shop
Happened to be shopping around for a range hood and stumbled on this unit I saw at RenoShop which was $480 all-in on grand opening according to an old thread.
Supposedly $529 original price at this shop, RenoShop currently $499.
This store is in Mississauga Chinatown, directly beside the large Blue Lagoon Chinese restaurant.

The store rep was talking to someone else and said the lights weren't included but could have been talking about a different model.
This unit is 800 cfm (some materials say 850) and requires 6" round ducting. Only stainless and white available.
ImageImage
*Cannot verify dimensions (from Amazon)

Decent look, reasonably quiet, capacitive touch controls, baffle filters and very good performance rating make this unit a great value IMO.
Main catch is no returns or exchanges, cash/debit only so you can't extend the 1-year warranty and have to deal with the manufacturer directly.
8 replies
Nov 19, 2016
751 posts
530 upvotes
I've bought a similar crown last year and just wanted to give my 2c. I am somewhat disappointed in my unit as it doesn't seem to move enough of the cooking fumes/smoke away when cooking. My fire alarms are sensitive and if I'm not careful they get set off.

But it was definitely the best bang for the buck and the aplliance installer recommended crown.
[OP]
Nov 8, 2007
638 posts
359 upvotes
Thanks! I was hoping to get some impressions as I'm taking a chance myself.

I have the same problem with my smoke alarm and disconnected it as a result which I know is a terrible idea. I'm hoping to get it fixed so I can stop annoying my neighbour every evening.

My existing range hood does basically nothing so anything would be an upgrade. Power seems comparable to Sakura/Pacific models at store displays.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
11260 posts
4633 upvotes
MisterTeee wrote: I've bought a similar crown last year and just wanted to give my 2c. I am somewhat disappointed in my unit as it doesn't seem to move enough of the cooking fumes/smoke away when cooking. My fire alarms are sensitive and if I'm not careful they get set off.

But it was definitely the best bang for the buck and the aplliance installer recommended crown.
Did your installer do a decent job. Would he install in Ajax if I was to pick this up.
Here is another thread on the same/similar model.
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/changin ... m-2075204/
Nov 19, 2016
751 posts
530 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote: Did your installer do a decent job. Would he install in Ajax if I was to pick this up.
Here is another thread on the same/similar model.
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/changin ... m-2075204/
I'd like to think he did a good job.. I was at work so a family member supervised..so far so good. I doubt he'd come out to Ajax.. He services the sauga and brampton area!
[OP]
Nov 8, 2007
638 posts
359 upvotes
Update from my self-install:

Hardest part was using my makeshift tools to cut the round hole from the rectangular opening - don't try to undersize the hole from the marker template.

However, don't trust the template for the screw holes as there's too much play in the slots, and it doesn't account for wiring or backsplash that can push the actual range hood outward.
Recommend to manually mark the front 2 and screw those in first, then start mounting the unit with someone to hold it up while you screw in the back 2.
A headlamp really helped as our range hood was wired up to the kitchen lights which obviously weren't working during the install.

A pro could probably do this in about 1 hour with the right tools and the shop refers you to a guy that does it for about $70.
Should have went that route to save time going to the store buying tools and parts, not to mention significant installation labour.

Unit has good power at a very reasonable noise level for the power, as expected. I can see steam from pots on the front burners getting sucked into the baffles. Build quality is quite good except for the flimsy baffle clips which is a very minor flaw.

Main annoyance is the 4 button presses (power, light, light, up) every time for my usual setting which isn't remembered on restart.
Last edited by Neo_ZX on Aug 11th, 2017 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Nov 8, 2007
638 posts
359 upvotes
Today should be the last day as mentioned in the noted expiration.
However, haggling is always an option at these places.