• Aug 3rd, 2020 3:26 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1194 posts
358 upvotes

Most Forceful Hose Nozzle

We have gone through 2 pressure washers in the past few years and have decided they are too expensive for our limited use of washing the deck twice a year. We want to try just water pressure with a good nozzle that can emit a strong stream. Does anyone have an idea which one they found to be the strongest in this respect?
16 replies
Sep 19, 2014
488 posts
254 upvotes
Markham, ON
my experence with different nozzle (from $2 - $30) they have make very little difference.

huge difference in 1/2" vs 5/8" hose tho
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
18334 posts
5960 upvotes
London
I would think using a stiff brush/ broom to manually scrub a chemical cleaner onto the deck boards would be needed. The scrubbing would replace the job being done by the pressure washer ?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
2340 posts
2980 upvotes
West GTA
you can buy a 'power nozzle' for a hose. They are not as good as a pressure washer. Deck cleaning can be done with a deck cleaner and brightener, a stiff broom, some time and a brisk and thorough rinse off.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
19162 posts
22050 upvotes
GTA
It'll never be as good as a pressure washer. The question is how are you going through pressure washers so quickly? I buy $100 washers and they last 8+ years. You have to store them indoors so they don't freeze and crack.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Jul 14, 2017
361 posts
53 upvotes
Ontario
I have this Bullseye nozzle :https://www.bullseyenozzle.com/ It's not bad,but I would like a more finer jet at full opening.Just bought the Brass Sweeper Nozzle (AL801) from Lee Valley,but it's not much better than the Bullseye. H50

*EDIT*-This Lee Valley AL801 nozzle is similar to my Bullseye,both of which have a 'feathered' or scattered water pattern at the end of the stream...I would like one that keeps it's narrow shape almost all the way to the end...gonna be hard to find. H50
Last edited by Huck50 on Aug 1st, 2020 7:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
17507 posts
12244 upvotes
Markham
Do u leave the unit in the garage or someplace cold during the winter where water can freeze and bust stuff up?

If you use it so infrequently, it shouldn't break
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1194 posts
358 upvotes
Huck50 wrote: I have this Bullseye nozzle :https://www.bullseyenozzle.com/ It's not bad,but I would like a more finer jet at full opening.Just bought (ordered) the Brass Sweeper Nozzle (AL801) from Lee Valley,so hope it's better than the Bullseye. H50
EDIT-This AL801 nozzle is similar to my Bullseye,both of which have a 'feathered" or scattered water pattern at the end of the stream...I would like one that keeps it's narrow shape almost all the way to the end...gonna be hard to find. H50
Let me know once you get the Lee Valley one and compare. I had the old version of the Lee Valley that actually looks like your Bullseye nozzle but lost it some time ago. I do remember it being better than any of the expensive larger nozzles we tried.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1194 posts
358 upvotes
l69norm wrote: I would think using a stiff brush/ broom to manually scrub a chemical cleaner onto the deck boards would be needed. The scrubbing would replace the job being done by the pressure washer ?
We have this but sometimes you just want a powerful spray to take off superficial debris and not have to get your hands too dirty.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
9810 posts
7607 upvotes
Kootenays
GPS wrote: We have this but sometimes you just want a powerful spray to take off superficial debris and not have to get your hands too dirty.
That's exactly what the jet nozzle https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/ga ... item=AL406 is made for.

"This low-cost, solid brass sweeper nozzle attaches to your hose to produce a high-pressure stream of water that can be used for sweeping drives and sidewalks, flushing eavestroughs, and washing cars. The internal design makes it more effective at creating a smooth stream than competing models, and the brass construction ensures a long life.

Made in USA."
Jul 14, 2017
361 posts
53 upvotes
Ontario
GPS wrote: Let me know once you get the Lee Valley one and compare. I had the old version of the Lee Valley that actually looks like your Bullseye nozzle but lost it some time ago. I do remember it being better than any of the expensive larger nozzles we tried.

*EDIT*-This Lee Valley AL801 nozzle is similar to my Bullseye,both of which have a 'feathered' or scattered water pattern at the end of the stream...I would like one that keeps it's narrow shape almost all the way to the end...gonna be hard to find.
Lee valley also have a nozzle called "Little Big Shot",which I think is a copy of the original "Bullseye Power Nozzle" which also has an internal membrane which changes shape when you turn the end piece which changes the shape of the spray. H50
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1194 posts
358 upvotes
Huck50 wrote: *EDIT*-This Lee Valley AL801 nozzle is similar to my Bullseye,both of which have a 'feathered' or scattered water pattern at the end of the stream...I would like one that keeps it's narrow shape almost all the way to the end...gonna be hard to find.
Lee valley also have a nozzle called "Little Big Shot",which I think is a copy of the original "Bullseye Power Nozzle" which also has an internal membrane which changes shape when you turn the end piece which changes the shape of the spray. H50
Thanks for your update. The lee valley version Little Big Shot is what I think I had a few years ago and lost. Have you compared AL801 to LBS?
Jul 14, 2017
361 posts
53 upvotes
Ontario
GPS wrote: Thanks for your update. The lee valley version Little Big Shot is what I think I had a few years ago and lost. Have you compared AL801 to LBS?
No, I have not,but it looks and functions (I am guessing)similarly to my Bullseye,but not really looking to add another nozzle to my collection,unless someone can verify that it (LBS) works better that the Bullseye or the AL801.
Seems that Melnor at (CTC) has one identical to the LBS and it's called 'Mighty Mite'.H50
Last edited by Huck50 on Aug 3rd, 2020 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 3, 2004
344 posts
84 upvotes
Brampton
I can't comment on the version from Lee Valley but I have the little big shot and this one PA: Brass Nozzle . Both are comparable, but they don't compare to the pressure of a pressure washer. That being said I used the LBS, some outdoor cleaner before staining my fence and it turned out ok.
Jul 14, 2017
361 posts
53 upvotes
Ontario
I wonder if going from my current 5/8" hose to a 3/4" if there would be a significant difference in the spray pattern,that, being more uniform rather than being scattered or feathered at the end?.....anyways,I tried turning my water hose valve so less water is coming out and it seems to make the stream more uniform at the end,instead of being all feathered out.H50