• May 7th, 2019 2:50 pm
[OP]
Jun 13, 2015
60 posts
8 upvotes
Kingston, ON

Mothers Day in Toronto trip

Hey all,

Just looking for some help from locals about an upcoming day trip this Sunday for Mothers Day.

I've told my mom that I'm taking her to the Jays game but I'm actually taking her to the theatre to see Return to Grace as she's a huge Elvis fan. We're taking the go train in to Union Station and going to be walking the 15 mins to the Princess of Wales theatre. Was just wondering if anyone can recommend a nice place to eat that's also not to expensive?

Thanks,
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2579 posts
1765 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
ZeroCool69 wrote: Hey all,

Just looking for some help from locals about an upcoming day trip this Sunday for Mothers Day.

I've told my mom that I'm taking her to the Jays game but I'm actually taking her to the theatre to see Return to Grace as she's a huge Elvis fan. We're taking the go train in to Union Station and going to be walking the 15 mins to the Princess of Wales theatre. Was just wondering if anyone can recommend a nice place to eat that's also not to expensive?

Thanks,
Really depends on what type of cuisine Mom prefers...
in that vicinity there’s tons of restaurants and you could always hop onto the TTC if weather isn’t great/you don’t want to walk.

Milagro’s (Mexican)

Figo... Scaddabush... Gusto 101 (Italian)

Bardis ... Copacabana (steakhouse)

Along Front Street near Union St you will find more causal chain restaurants (Jack Astor’s etc)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5483 posts
2290 upvotes
Toronto
Khao San Road if you like Thai food. Just a block or so west of the theatre.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8643 posts
2567 upvotes
Mississauga
Not sure what type of food you're looking for but you might enjoy Pizzeria Libretto that's not too far from the theatre.

Near Union is Movenpick Marche (this might be fun cus of the food stations set up).
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.