Standing Desk Deals

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2024 8:42 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2006
1666 posts
532 upvotes
GTA
also got my tracking number from canpar today. Ordered May 5...
Nov 12, 2012
781 posts
514 upvotes
Calgary
mizermalice wrote: also got my tracking number from canpar today. Ordered May 5...
What color legs did you order?
Apr 29, 2010
79 posts
54 upvotes
toronto
I ordered on Monday night 7 pm.
Received tracking code on Tuesday morning 8 am.

Really odd as I expected this to arrive in August. Very grateful though!!

Now to look for tabletops
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
urbantroll wrote: How does this compare the the Bekant from IKEA? https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/bekant-des ... -s29022520
Doesn't seem that good at all to be honest. No memory function, 150 lbs load capacity if i recall correctly, saw noticeable wobble in a YouTube review and for $400 seems a little too step, apparently regular price is $500?

I guess the 10 year warranty is nice but that's about it. Something about rounded edges on a table that makes me feel like it's cheap..
Jun 2, 2020
4 posts
Hello Mikein!

I'm with MotionGrey, I just want to note that since your order was placed before April 24, it was shipped out today on June 2, ahead of the June 10 Pre-order date listed
Jun 2, 2020
4 posts
Hi Romsan,

Just want to clarify that all orders made before April 24, 11:59 PM were shipped out. Some orders after were also shipped, and the rest are on Pre-order for June 25.
Jun 2, 2020
4 posts
Hi Magixx!

Sorry for any delays for processing your refund, we usually do it within 5 business days. Right now, we are having website problems due to a recent major update by our contracted website developers, once that is all sorted out our team will get back to any cancellations ASAP.

Thanks again!
Jun 2, 2020
4 posts
Hi Seb,

I'm with MotionGrey and apologize about the current problem of showing incorrect info. It seems after the major update, order numbers are improperly connected, but rest assured we will be sending these in our backend database to correct customers. Let me know if you still haven't gotten your tracking, we shipped out a few hundred units today
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
3802 posts
1276 upvotes
AlexC80850 wrote: Hi Romsan,

Just want to clarify that all orders made before April 24, 11:59 PM were shipped out. Some orders after were also shipped, and the rest are on Pre-order for June 25.
Hi @AlexC80850,

This is not what I was told by one of your representative. He told me that it would be shipped out on June 10 (placed order on May 29th) I do have email trail of that conversation. Now you are pushing to June 25th. How hard is to calculate incoming merchandise - backorders = on hand. Switch to Shopify much better online shopping system than your current one.

Now need to see if I can find something which can ship faster than July.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2010
1565 posts
2379 upvotes
Toronto
AlexC80850 wrote: Hi Seb,

I'm with MotionGrey and apologize about the current problem of showing incorrect info. It seems after the major update, order numbers are improperly connected, but rest assured we will be sending these in our backend database to correct customers. Let me know if you still haven't gotten your tracking, we shipped out a few hundred units today
Hi AlexC80850.......are there discount codes available now?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2010
1565 posts
2379 upvotes
Toronto
evox44 wrote: I ordered on Monday night 7 pm.
Received tracking code on Tuesday morning 8 am.

Really odd as I expected this to arrive in August. Very grateful though!!

Now to look for tabletops
Did you order from MotionGrey?
Jan 10, 2010
15 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone tried this from Structube for the table-top?

https://www.structube.com/en/lift-top-d ... ?pid=27760

I know its melamine and probably won't last as long as the acacia or even the Ikea ones - but I wasn't sure if I wanted a larger size or smaller size and went with this option for now (mainly because its cheap) and upgrade in a year or two.

I also ordered the 3 stage dual motor from prime cables. I like them over other options because they're a known entity and its relatively cheap and does the job. Arrived in 2 days via UPS (not sure why people have issues with them - they've been excellent for me). along with some cable and desk management stuff. I'll post pics when I have everything set up and ready to roll.

Really love how people are sharing their setups. Thank you folks.
Btw - I ordered the dual motor 3 stage from prime cables - seemed like the best deal with fast shipping (delivered in 2 days). I also ordered some cable management stuff from them which arrived at the same time. I'll post pics of my setup once completed. Haven't gotten around to assembling it as I'm waiting fo rat
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2293 posts
1413 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
Has anyone's order shipped yet? my tracking is still on 'label created.'
Deal Guru
Dec 30, 2004
13095 posts
884 upvotes
Toronto
hellraz0rr wrote: Has anyone tried this from Structube for the table-top?

I know its melamine and probably won't last as long as the acacia or even the Ikea ones - but I wasn't sure if I wanted a larger size or smaller size and went with this option for now (mainly because its cheap) and upgrade in a year or two.

I also ordered the 3 stage dual motor from prime cables. I like them over other options because they're a known entity and its relatively cheap and does the job. Arrived in 2 days via UPS (not sure why people have issues with them - they've been excellent for me). along with some cable and desk management stuff. I'll post pics when I have everything set up and ready to roll.

Btw - I ordered the dual motor 3 stage from prime cables - seemed like the best deal with fast shipping (delivered in 2 days). I also ordered some cable management stuff from them which arrived at the same time. I'll post pics of my setup once completed. Haven't gotten around to assembling it as I'm waiting fo rat
Yes I ordered the 120cm one. It is good quality. I think it will last a long time. Please see my other posts with the pictures of it.

Good choice on the Primecable... It is probably the fastest option for a dual motor desk (and accurate stock levels). Also no data breaches on the website like MG.
Mar 11, 2002
911 posts
316 upvotes
hellraz0rr wrote: Has anyone tried this from Structube for the table-top?

I have buyer's remorse with my Lowe's Acacia. Kinda wished I got a slab of walnut or something else (saw some amazing hardwood DIY Tops on Youtube, but no jointer or planer) I have the original oil sanded off, just dropped another $200 on a Router/bits so I can have a rounded edge, I really hope it'll look amazing when I am done (novice sawdust maker here :) ) And am undecided as to how I'll stain/oil/finish it. The nice thing about these desks is that you can change the top in the future as your needs/taste change :)
Nov 12, 2012
781 posts
514 upvotes
Calgary
AlexC80850 wrote: Hello Mikein!

I'm with MotionGrey, I just want to note that since your order was placed before April 24, it was shipped out today on June 2, ahead of the June 10 Pre-order date listed
Alex,
This is different from the conversation I had with support yesterday. They advised me the container was delayed and would not ship before mid to late June. Can you clarify with a tracking number via pm. I am waiting and currently looking at other options that could arrive sooner.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
1060 posts
177 upvotes
mkfernandez wrote: ordered a primecables 3 segment yesterday, already says being packed and shipped shortly, probably get it by the end of the week.

I'd rather pay a little more and avoid the hassle of waiting, I think primecables might be the only one that has a 3 segment readily available, another option is IKEA but looking at reviews they don't look as reliable.
Sorry, I know this was asked but I didn't see a response, are there any promotions right now on the primecables 3-segment unit?
May 21, 2008
921 posts
160 upvotes
Ottawa
ssjlancer wrote: Has anyone's order shipped yet? my tracking is still on 'label created.'
When I called on Monday, I was told that desk was shipped on Saturday but no tracking number available yet. Got the tracking email later Monday and still says label created June 02. No movement on tracking yet.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)