Expired Hot Deals

Motive Financial 25$ offer with minimum 90 day $1000 deposit to Savvy Savings HISA [For NEW customers only outside QC]

[OP]
Aug 4, 2018
55 posts
190 upvotes

Motive Financial 25$ offer with minimum 90 day $1000 deposit to Savvy Savings HISA [For NEW customers only outside QC]

Offer Expires: February 7, 2019
Reference link to signup details for $25 offer that follows: https://www.motivefinancial.com/Offer/? ... gLr7vD_BwE

"
* For a limited time only, you can earn $25.00 when you open a Motive Savvy Savings Account with a minimum deposit of $1000.00. To qualify for this offer, you must be a) an eligible client; and b) open an eligible Savvy Savings Account with a minimum investment of $1000.00 for 90 consecutive days. We may change this offer and these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving you notice.
Terms & Conditions Expand/Collapse
Terms and Conditions:

From November 9, 2018 to February 7, 2019 (the “Offer Period”), earn a $25.00 Cash Bonus when you open a new Motive™ Savvy Savings Account online.

To qualify for the $25.00 Cash Bonus you must:

Visit motivefinancial.com;
AND

Use the digital application form to open a new Motive™ Savvy Savings Account (the “Savings Account”) during the Offer Period and keep the account open, in good standing (for example, your Savings Account must not be in an unauthorized overdraft), and remain in an Eligible Plan until February 7, 2019.
AND

Make a deposit of a minimum amount of $1000.00 into the Savings Account by February 7, 2019.
AND

Exclusions:

Customers who have an Existing Savings Account are not eligible.
Customers who closed an Existing Savings Account between February 7, 2018 and February 7, 2019, and subsequently open a new Savings Account during the Offer Period are not eligible.
Joint Accounts: If you make a Savings Account joint, no bonus will be paid if either customer has an Existing Savings Account or closes an Existing Savings Account between February 7, 2018 and February 7, 2019 and subsequently opens a new Savings Account during the Offer Period.
Other: Limit of one (1) Cash Bonus per customer.

Only one (1) Bonus will be received on joint Savings Accounts.
"

My Comparative Review on the Free (Zero Monthly Fee) Accounts: Along with that $25 bonus, this new free Motive Savvy Savings account currently offers among the highest "everyday standard" interest rate of 2.80% when compared to the limited time, teaser or promotional rates offered by Meridian, RBC, Simplii, Tangerine and others.
The common downside is Savvy Savings has per month only TWO "free" transactions with $5 fees for additional transactions plus unavailable to QC residents.
For "Unlimited" "free" "transactions and Interac® e-Transfers", pre-authorized/bill payments and Exchange ATM card accesses similar to Alterna Bank's free "standalone" 2.25% High Interest eSavings Account, get both free - their new Savvy Savings and their new Motive Cha-Ching Chequing Account with "First 50 Personalized Cheques Free" then utilize the "Free Transfers between your Motive accounts" step as needed.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2360 posts
1094 upvotes
What's the easiest way to get the $1000 into this account, and out again after the 90 days?
Dec 25, 2013
914 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
Does this incur a credit check? If so too small a bonus for a credit check for me..
Oct 14, 2014
546 posts
445 upvotes
Southern Ontario
This is a lower return and more restrictive than the occasional Meridian $100 bonus for $1k deposit offer. With Meridian the $1k deposit is only required until the bonus is issued, then the $100 is on hold for 90 days.
Dec 25, 2013
914 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
lefroset wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 5:18 pm
This is a lower return and more restrictive than the occasional Meridian $100 bonus for $1k deposit offer. With Meridian the $1k deposit is only required until the bonus is issued, then the $100 is on hold for 90 days.
I've already collected the meridian bonus, I thought i'd take this to, so long as they don't do a credit check, what do you know of it?
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
1676 posts
662 upvotes
ON
Annoying that I have to mail in a cheque.
Nov 20, 2018
23 posts
5 upvotes
I know. I just sign up today and realize that I have to mail in a cheque :facepalm: I dont even have one.
Jul 25, 2009
135 posts
105 upvotes
Ottawa
I just opened an account and called them with some questions. They told me that we no longer have to mail in a cheque. Just fax or email a void cheque. So much easier.