• Sep 1st, 2014 1:53 pm
[OP]
Nov 30, 2012
720 posts
633 upvotes
MONTR

Moto G - Questions (Owner)

Hi everyone

I am pretty sure, atleast over 150 rfder's have a moto g due to the promotions a few months/weeks back.

Now I bought one from myself. I like it, except hate the camera.
I also bought one for my family member, but their phone dies out within a day, without taking any calls, without having it at max brightness, or doing anything at all.
I have contacted Motorola, and they said it can take up to 3 weeks to return your phone. Now this person cannot wait 3 weeks.

Is there a possibility of buying the phone at a cheaper price anywhere ? I see the phone is back at 149.99 @ fs/bb.

Also what are your pro's and con's for the phone ?

Will anyone be replacing their MotoG's anytime soon ?
5 replies
Aug 7, 2013
52 posts
Would lvoe to know more as well, been thinking about the Moto G as well.
Aug 8, 2014
456 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have a Moto G myself, and loved it until the recent 4.4.4 update.
Prior to the update, the battery would last me a good 3 days on moderate usage (just use it for work e-mails and a little web browsing here and there).
Now, with the same usage, it's dead in less than a day.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5277 posts
1241 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Problem_Defective battery!

Freedom Mobile F&F

Sep 21, 2004
10442 posts
4726 upvotes
Calgary
If you go to the hot deal forum, there is another Moto G sale. You can get the Moto G for about $60 by signing with PC mobile and cancel right away.

I probably bought 6 or 7 Moto G and hand them out as gifts. I kept one for myself. I totally love the phone. Camera is mediocre but my battery life has not been affected after 4.4.4 update. It has excellent ergonomics.

If you want to wait, Moto G2 will be announced next week and is set to have better camera, slightly larger screen and front facing speaker as well as SD card slot. Internal wise it has same processor or RAM so performance wise it will be similar to the first gen.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1763 posts
363 upvotes
b166er1337 wrote: If you go to the hot deal forum, there is another Moto G sale. You can get the Moto G for about $60 by signing with PC mobile and cancel right away.
I'm not seeing that thread, is it part of the BB/FS thread? I just bought a phone Saturday night so if there's been a drop in price I might see what they'll do. Also I could use another phone since the wife's handset is flaking out since she dropped it.