Motomaster Hydra Force tires?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2020 5:10 pm
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
15436 posts
4602 upvotes
London
Tapout123 wrote: ..... one of Cooper's premier tires, but made in China and with a less durable rubber compound..... (just as I'll never buy another set of Yokohama's).
The first part of the tire serial number has a code that will tell you who the manufacturer is and which plant it came from

Cooper has tire plants all over the world now. http://coopertire.com/about/facilities/ ... facilities. I believe most Yokohama tires are US made

Sometimes the Motomaster version appears first with the latest/ greatest features, then the Cooper branded version. This happened recently the Motomaster Winter Edge ( fall 2017) vs. Cooper Evolution Winter (fall 2018).
May 24, 2016
104 posts
26 upvotes
Well I called the CT dealer about the tires I ordered 5 days ago as it says 1-5 days for pickup. They told me it was under review and were quick to say out of stock. I feel like they never even called national tire distributors to find out if they were available. Almost like the store doesn’t want to deal with special order tires (especially this one as it is more of a pick- up urban Toronto one). What a waste of time and 5 days and further running down of my all winters. I realize it’s a strange time for everyone now, but honestly why don’t they fix their website if they are just going to post deals that don’t exist. I should further add I would of ordered something available in store had I known I would loose the 4x25.00 Masterpass promo that is now over. Thanks Crappy Tire.
Last edited by DealzToronto on May 2nd, 2020 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13040 posts
3525 upvotes
RFD
DealzToronto wrote: Well I called the CT dealer about the tires I ordered 5 days ago as it says 1-5 days for pickup. They told me it was under review and was quick to say out of stock. I feel like they never even called national tire distribution to find out if they were available. Almost like the store doesn’t want to deal with special order tires (especially this one as it is more of a pick- up urban Toronto one). What a waste of time and 5 days and further running down of my all seasons. I realize it’s a strange time for everyone now, but honestly why don’t they fix their website if they are just going to post deals that don’t exist. I should further add I would of ordered something available in store had I know I would loose the 4x25.0” Masterpass promo that is now over. Thanks Crappy Tire.
Crappy Tire has been extra crappy during COVID-19, almost next to useless. Website and just in general during this pandemic.
Nov 23, 2014
30 posts
Montreal, QC
Anyone seen any other tire deals like this? Deal is gone now from their site. I need some summer tires for my Rav4 in 225/65/17
Dec 13, 2016
351 posts
196 upvotes
GTA
sugarkryptonite wrote: Anyone seen any other tire deals like this? Deal is gone now from their site. I need some summer tires for my Rav4 in 225/65/17
Same here.
FreedomMobile
DakilangMangingibig
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7927 posts
4330 upvotes
Alberta
thisischris wrote: Do not think for a second that because Michelin made it for CT that they are of the same quality. Big brand names make many junk tires for other companies. They are absolutely not equivalent.
x2. Just look at the tires that comes with a new vehicle. Even though it has the same name as the one in the store, the one on a new vehicle is crap. eg. Michelin Energy LX4
[OP]
Feb 2, 2010
931 posts
706 upvotes
Just a quick follow-up on these tires. With the warmer weather I've been out and about more, and have done more highway driving on them. I have to say my initial impression about them being noisy may have been temperature related. I was cruising on the 401 for about an hour last week and I have to say that, in warmer weather, they were no louder than my previous Michelins. They also handled well and so far the mileage I'm getting is very good. Only time will tell how they stand up over the long haul, but at this point I'm happy with them and consider them a good buy.
Aug 31, 2020
1 posts
Hi, thank you for your review on the tires. would you mind giving another update on those tires? I am actually thinking of purchasing them
[OP]
Feb 2, 2010
931 posts
706 upvotes
noobie905 wrote: Hi, thank you for your review on the tires. would you mind giving another update on those tires? I am actually thinking of purchasing them
Hi. After a few months I've decided I like them. I haven't done a lot of driving on them (Covid) but they've been fine so far. They are a bit noisier than the Michelin LTX's I had, but the wet traction and mileage have all been good, and with the price difference I think it was a good purchase.