• Jul 14th, 2016 11:09 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13072 posts
1901 upvotes
Toronto
The mazda 3 is definitely a good driver's car. The only thing that sets it back is the intense road noise. Now I know some people say it's overblown, but I'm my honest opinion, it's not. Road noise is a real problem. It was a problem in my 2011 mazda 3 and also a problem when I test drove the 2015 model. You can hear the tires rolling. Some people say you can make it quieter by changing the tires, but that really shouldn't be the case. Mazda is trying really hard to make their cars lighter for better fuel economy, but that comes at a cost. No sound deadening materials to hush down road noise and wind noise. I hope the 2017 fixes it. If they can do it to the cx-9, they can do it for the mazda 3.

Our CLA45 AMG with 19 inch low profile summer performance tires is quieter than a Mazda 3 with grand touring tires. That just show the difference in road noise between the two cars.
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
2038 posts
428 upvotes
Concord, ON
mr_raider wrote: Resale, cost of maintaining, insurance and value per dollar are all ranked in the article. Read it fully and these issues are addressed.

Performance is wash, since they have all 0-60 times within half a second.
Ranked but not proportion with regards to weighting to reality of shoppers in this segment with regards to what's important
Jan 2, 2009
256 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
If the basic Civic received 1st place ... I wonder what Motor Trend will think of the Si or Type-R.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
11658 posts
6222 upvotes
Brampton
trixstar wrote: The mazda 3 is definitely a good driver's car. The only thing that sets it back is the intense road noise. Now I know some people say it's overblown, but I'm my honest opinion, it's not. Road noise is a real problem. It was a problem in my 2011 mazda 3 and also a problem when I test drove the 2015 model. You can hear the tires rolling. Some people say you can make it quieter by changing the tires, but that really shouldn't be the case. Mazda is trying really hard to make their cars lighter for better fuel economy, but that comes at a cost. No sound deadening materials to hush down road noise and wind noise. I hope the 2017 fixes it. If they can do it to the cx-9, they can do it for the mazda 3.

Our CLA45 AMG with 19 inch low profile summer performance tires is quieter than a Mazda 3 with grand touring tires. That just show the difference in road noise between the two cars.
You can almost get 2 MZ3 for one of those CLAs.