Expired Hot Deals

[Motorola.com] Motorola Moto Z3 Play XT1929-4 & FREE moto stereo speaker @ $149.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2020 7:41 pm
[OP]
Sep 22, 2016
242 posts
509 upvotes

Motorola Moto Z3 Play XT1929-4 & FREE moto stereo speaker @ $149.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Motorola.com
Hot deal on a nice little phone, with a free moto mod thrown in.
6.1" Super AMOLED display

Moto Z3 Play Specs

Go here: https://intl.motorola.com/ca/mods-and-a ... -play-pdp/

Price is currently listed at $299.99
Add it to your cart and then at the checkout screen enter promo code "motomadness"
New price will be $150 (+tax)

**EDIT**
Fixed title
Last edited by EdZegRFD on Dec 19th, 2019 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
Beware: Specs in the OP aren't for the Canadian model.

Full specs for the Canadian model

Also Lenovo's Moto Z3 Play Community Forum.

You may want to register your phone in the Motorola Support Community that Lenovo (Moto's owner) runs. This is an active support forum with lots of useful info. You can also post questions. There are several Moto employees as well as peer users who can respond.

Anyway when you register you'll also have the opportunity to register your phone. When you do that you'll see something like this:

A couple of observations:
1. It says my warranty expires in Oct20. That's strange because my phone was manufactured in Jul19 and shipped in Jan20. Nevertheless if Moto operates like their parent Lenovo, they'll honour one-year warranties until at least the anniversary of the ship date. Keep your eBuyNow invoice and other documentation in case you need to rely on this.
2. It also says the device was sold in Canada and can't be repaired in the US. I don't know what happens if one tries to open a warranty claim via this site.
3. Re 2. This also suggests that Moto phones sold through US sellers like B&H Photo would need to be returned to the US for service. That's a definite hassle compared to buying in Canada. It also underscores the risk of buying "international" variants of Moto phones on sites like Amazon, even amazon.ca,. Caveat emptor.
813 replies
Jan 14, 2008
134 posts
35 upvotes
Seems like a good deal. Anyone have personal experience with this phone?
Nov 26, 2015
42 posts
36 upvotes
Tempted, but it doesn't have a headphone jack and may not get upgraded to Android 10 so I think I'll pass. Upvoted the deal though.
Feb 22, 2013
592 posts
450 upvotes
toekneehand wrote: Tempted, but it doesn't have a headphone jack and may not get upgraded to Android 10 so I think I'll pass. Upvoted the deal though.
Thanks for letting us know about the headphone jack. Wallet is safe.
Jan 28, 2010
336 posts
134 upvotes
GTA
LULUMON wrote: There is a thing called taxes.
Ah my mistake, for some reason I though the sub-total didn't include tax.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2008
1204 posts
804 upvotes
Hamilton
mr_eko wrote: Seems like a good deal. Anyone have personal experience with this phone?
I have this phone, bought it a few months ago when it was on for $199 US and you could choose a free mod.

For this price, it's incredible, given someone posted the G7 Play for $159.99 at Costco yesterday as a deal.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2008
1204 posts
804 upvotes
Hamilton
toekneehand wrote: Tempted, but it doesn't have a headphone jack and may not get upgraded to Android 10 so I think I'll pass. Upvoted the deal though.
It comes with a 1.5" dongle for headphones.
Jun 1, 2006
856 posts
249 upvotes
Mississauga
pm2gonzales wrote: Price seems to change based on province. In Ontario I see $338.99 before tax, and with coupon comes to $169.50.

I think the website is trying to show the final price in a somewhat confusing way based on the provincial tax. Still works out to $149.99 + tax in the end.
Feb 18, 2014
606 posts
1128 upvotes
Coupon code also works for the G6... works out to $99.99 +tax for those interested
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2005
1035 posts
480 upvotes
OP, does the motomadness code work for any other phones?
Sep 19, 2017
518 posts
388 upvotes
Moncton
Damn you OP!!!! Guess my better half can use a refreshed phone.... :)
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)