• Jun 20th, 2020 11:09 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 13, 2005
465 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Motorola Edge+

It's on the Telus websites now. How's this for a flagship with headphone jack?
5 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18304 posts
2169 upvotes
Woodbridge
I guess this is Motorola's answer to Samsung's Galaxy S20 Ultra?

Impressive but like Samsung and other flagships, it's not worth it. Koodo has on their XL tab with $730 upfront. If it was $0 then we're talking and I would buy it today. LOL

It's amazing how companies, led by Apple, decided that $1,500+ for a phone is the new norm. I personally had it after all these years.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Dec 4, 2017
530 posts
229 upvotes
I am watching what's happening with this model. I am glad to see Moto having a flagship again. It looks like this is intended to be a Galaxy S20 Ultra competitor at a regular S20 price.

Early reviews are that it's pretty good, but they shipped with a camera app that has some glitches. I hope that this isn't a repeat of the Essential PH-1 experience.

The best thing that I see about this phone is that they covered all of the main interests for a mobile phone -- everyday use as a phone and Internet device, gaming, photography, music, extended use without recharging, etc. Most other phones makes a major compromise on at least one of these.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
3089 posts
651 upvotes
i was excited for this until i saw it doesn't have an expandable memory card... but the Edge model has it...
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂
Dec 4, 2017
530 posts
229 upvotes
CrazyJo82 wrote: i was excited for this until i saw it doesn't have an expandable memory card... but the Edge model has it...
That's weird. In the USA, the Edge+ is a Verizon exclusive. Does Verizon prefer this? Or perhaps it's just to save cost if they thing that the Edge+ already has lots of storage built in.
Dec 4, 2017
530 posts
229 upvotes
IanBrantford wrote: Early reviews are that it's pretty good, but they shipped with a camera app that has some glitches. I hope that this isn't a repeat of the Essential PH-1 experience.
Following up on myself, this review is from just yesterday. There have been two months to rush out a fix for early complaints about the camera app. I guess that it didn't happen, or any effort wasn't good enough.

"if you’re looking for a reliable shooter you can take out of your pocket, snap a quick photo, and not have to worry if it turned out, the Motorola Edge+ isn’t for you"

"The Motorola Edge+ is great for anyone who likes a Pixel-like software experience, but hates Google’s smartphone hardware and doesn’t care much for camera performance."