Expired Hot Deals

[Mountain Equipment Co-op] MEC Aquanator Rain Jacket Men or Women + Up to 60% off Winter Clearance

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2020 11:02 pm
[OP]
Dec 30, 2012
36 posts
119 upvotes
Vancouver

[Mountain Equipment Co-op] MEC Aquanator Rain Jacket Men or Women + Up to 60% off Winter Clearance

Deal Link:
Price:
$78.38
Savings:
Retailer:
Mountain Equipment Co-op
More offers from Mountain Equipment Co-op
A few colours on clearance. Picked up the green today. Fantastic fit.
Noticed there were quite a few other promos -- Salomon snowboards and boots 20% off in-store and online.
18 replies
Nov 29, 2019
10 posts
10 upvotes
Awesome, I was looking at the salomon boots a week ago.. glad I waited.
Jan 15, 2009
87 posts
71 upvotes
Ottawa
Only super gross beige in my size on clearance :(
Apr 26, 2009
645 posts
472 upvotes
Calgary
How’s the sizing? I’m usually a small and the only colour left is the throw up colour.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4993 posts
3716 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Beagleflag wrote: Only super gross beige in my size on clearance :(
Me too. No thanks!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2297 posts
1098 upvotes
Scarborough
I have a mec raincoat, not at all waterproof. Check the seams, they leak like Niagara Falls. Mec is not what it was, not even close.
Aug 15, 2018
44 posts
155 upvotes
I have a mec rain jacket from 2014. These are probably great value, but damn those colors are birth control for men!
Deal Addict
May 4, 2007
1093 posts
356 upvotes
Montreal
Beagleflag wrote: Only super gross beige in my size on clearance :(
Only unpopular colors and/or very limited sizes -- that's the typical MEC "sales"... sorry, they don't do sales, they do "clearance".
Nov 22, 2017
163 posts
183 upvotes
Man what’s with all the beige hate? Lol. Thought that was an excellent color for a rain coat for the city / office type.

It isn’t the usual outdoor enthusiast neon mixed colors I guess.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3342 posts
2173 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Beforescott wrote: Man what’s with all the beige hate? Lol. Thought that was an excellent color for a rain coat for the city / office type.

It isn’t the usual outdoor enthusiast neon mixed colors I guess.
Better to be wet than unfashionable, I guess.
If it was pissing down cats and dogs, I'd rock a Frozen 2 golf umbrella if it meant staying dry.
Jun 7, 2007
773 posts
295 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I find the Uniqlo Blocktech parka work really well. It's regularly $100 but if you wait for sale you can find it for $70.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
15453 posts
16668 upvotes
Forewarning.

MEC sold me on their supposed Costco-like return policy after I verified their policy twice with representatives.

When I came back to return an expensive twice worn jacket and gloves three weeks later, they told me they would only process this return as a one time courtesy... without explaining what the issue was. Different staff at the till that day.

MEC already put me off with its hipster doofus atmosphere, this was the final nail in the coffin.

These save-the-world types are notoriously low in conscientiousness, and they never fail to disappoint a straight forward businessman.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1662 posts
726 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
This coat has 5K/5K waterproofing, that's only really useful for light rain. You will get drenched in anything heavier.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5029 posts
1510 upvotes
Vancouver
redflagdealsguy wrote: Forewarning.

MEC sold me on their supposed Costco-like return policy after I verified their policy twice with representatives.

When I came back to return an expensive twice worn jacket and gloves three weeks later, they told me they would only process this return as a one time courtesy... without explaining what the issue was. Different staff at the till that day.

MEC already put me off with its hipster doofus atmosphere, this was the final nail in the coffin.

These save-the-world types are notoriously low in conscientiousness, and they never fail to disappoint a straight forward businessman.
no wonder they are in financial trouble
Apr 13, 2017
446 posts
228 upvotes
caltran wrote: This coat has 5K/5K waterproofing, that's only really useful for light rain. You will get drenched in anything heavier.
Site claims 12K/5K, which I find dubious for this price