Hot Deals

[Mountain Equipment Co-op] MEC Clearance - Up to 60% Off

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2020 11:58 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1590 posts
367 upvotes

[Mountain Equipment Co-op] MEC Clearance - Up to 60% Off

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Mountain Equipment Co-op
More offers from Mountain Equipment Co-op
Looks like MEC has a lot of items on clearance.

Just looking at Packs, pretty decent deals on Timbuk2, Patagonia, MEC branded bags: https://www.mec.ca/en/products/packs-an ... n%3Aonsale

Lots of other items on clearance: clothing, shoes, etc.: https://www.mec.ca/en/products/c/100?f= ... nclearance
Thread Summary
Use code "BTS10" for an additional 10% off of the bags.
157 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
1590 posts
367 upvotes
Hmm, a few upvotes but no comments! Did anyone end up purchasing anything? Looks like sale is still going on.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 22, 2005
19821 posts
5160 upvotes
Off the 404
Been on sale for a few weeks, looks like the same items. I picked up a few things a few weeks ago and the prices are about the same.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 1, 2003
20864 posts
3306 upvotes
YUL
All the travel bags are on sale (since no one is travelling)
Jr. Member
Nov 26, 2014
122 posts
136 upvotes
Calgary
Sephora wrote: Hmm, a few upvotes but no comments! Did anyone end up purchasing anything? Looks like sale is still going on.
I grabbed some new climbing pants. Nice deals on Prana and Black Diamond.
Sr. Member
Dec 20, 2012
885 posts
680 upvotes
Surrey
Nothing on helmets it seems. Oh well.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 12, 2005
9665 posts
1813 upvotes
Victoria
I need/want an Ultralight tent. Trying to shave off a few pounds on my backpacking weight. Current tent is 5lbs+, trying to find one at to 2 to 2.5lbs. Looks like MEC sold out of the BIg Agnes ultralightweight tents before they needed to put them on clearance :(
Member
User avatar
May 24, 2008
293 posts
215 upvotes
zod wrote: I need/want an Ultralight tent. Trying to shave off a few pounds on my backpacking weight. Current tent is 5lbs+, trying to find one at to 2 to 2.5lbs. Looks like MEC sold out of the BIg Agnes ultralightweight tents before they needed to put them on clearance :(
are you looking for 1 or 2 person tent?

highly recommend the Big Agnes Copper spur 1 or 2 person. MEC has the 2 person in stock - not on sale though.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 8, 2017
1029 posts
720 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
zod wrote: I need/want an Ultralight tent. Trying to shave off a few pounds on my backpacking weight. Current tent is 5lbs+, trying to find one at to 2 to 2.5lbs. Looks like MEC sold out of the BIg Agnes ultralightweight tents before they needed to put them on clearance :(
Looking for freestanding or open to trekking pole style?

I got the "xmid 1p" from Drop a ways back. 32oz not including the trekking poles. You'd probs pay close to $300 after the damn duty fees, though.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
1632 posts
344 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Their price is ridiculous, even at clearance I won't pay for it.
<No political content in signatures>
Sr. Member
Mar 31, 2008
975 posts
697 upvotes
Airdrie
Was excited for a sec... the father figure needs a new waterproof back pack for stand up paddle boarding but they are still regular price of $159.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 1, 2003
20864 posts
3306 upvotes
YUL
zod wrote: I need/want an Ultralight tent. Trying to shave off a few pounds on my backpacking weight. Current tent is 5lbs+, trying to find one at to 2 to 2.5lbs. Looks like MEC sold out of the BIg Agnes ultralightweight tents before they needed to put them on clearance :(
That'll cost you an arm and a leg and Big Agnes rarely goes on sale. The tent everyone is going crazy for right now that's inexpensive and under 2lbs is the Lanshan 2 Pro. Order through ALiexpress though. Seems like the only way to get one. Very well built and is 90% of a Zpacks for less than half the price. It's 2 pounds!
napoleonbot wrote: Their price is ridiculous, even at clearance I won't pay for it.
Their price of what exactly? The finer things quality things in life cost money, my friend. MEC sells quality gear. Not everyone wants walmart quality stuff.
Sr. Member
Dec 24, 2011
698 posts
300 upvotes
najibs wrote: That'll cost you an arm and a leg and Big Agnes rarely goes on sale. The tent everyone is going crazy for right now that's inexpensive and under 2lbs is the Lanshan 2 Pro. Order through ALiexpress though. Seems like the only way to get one. Very well built and is 90% of a Zpacks for less than half the price. It's 2 pounds!



Their price of what exactly? The finer things quality things in life cost money, my friend. MEC sells quality gear. Not everyone wants walmart quality stuff.
Yup I agree on looking at chinese branded gear.

I ordered a bunch of stuff from Naturehike, and the quality is very impressive for the price. Ended buying the Cloud Up 3 tent, a 750 FP Down filled sleeping bag, and 2 inflatable sleeping pads (9 CM thickness) for $250 USD via alibaba. Just be wary that these products are more 3 season than 4-season. I wouldn't recommend any of this gear for winter.

Top