Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Mountain Warehouse

Mountain Warehouse 50% off + 15/20% off Stacking + 2.5% Rakuten

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 9:04 pm
Jun 22, 2013
30 posts
67 upvotes
mikebc wrote: Thinner, cheaper.
did you mean uniqlo ultrawarm is thinner and cheaper? Their regular price is $30 ,cheaper than MW and I am waiting for BF sales, but after wearing it, I need some warmer ones.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
3306 posts
3847 upvotes
yyyzyyy wrote: did you mean uniqlo ultrawarm is thinner and cheaper? Their regular price is $30 ,cheaper than MW and I am waiting for BF sales, but after wearing it, I need some warmer ones.
Uniqlo has several different thicknesses and price points, as does MW. You'll have to go feel them for yourself or look at their specs, I'm not enough of a merino connoisseur to say which is best.

The MW merino I have is thinner than the Uniqlo turtleneck I have, iirc they were the same price. The MW one wicks better and is better for work performance in the cold, the Uniqlo is better for standing around waiting for a bus.

If uniqlo's thickest base layers leave you too cold then you need to add more layers, I don't think there's much thicker out there unless you pay high end performance sport stuff.
Nov 21, 2018
452 posts
651 upvotes
Mission, BC
So, their customer support is A+ - I emailed and said I forgot to apply the promo code and they did it for me. That, plus the fact they have physical stores is a huge plus for me.
Mar 8, 2018
188 posts
89 upvotes
thanks OP saved me 20$ Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Xtreme value-maximizing customer
May 3, 2010
251 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone try their snowpants for kids? I wonder if it'll survive a season?
Aug 30, 2017
206 posts
380 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: It's a step or two below Eddie Bauer. Probably similar to Walmart/target/Sears clothing. It also depends on the type of item you get.

I have 2 jackets from them and they're cheap but decent
Good way to put it. I write this in every red flag deals thread about mountain warehouse: This is a shop that has the front-end, marketing And image of an outdoor store up there with sale Mec and Eddie Bauer but the vast majority of things mountain warehouse sells are of Low quality. Effectively , you’re getting Walmart type of quality in a slightly more fashionable package.

Nothing against the OP nonetheless , and grateful this is posted as their deal might be of value to some.
Nov 17, 2014
533 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Super low quality items, buyer beware.

If yo u are buying sleeping bags DO NOT rely on them for any form of colder weather.

As for reliability, Neeed some hiking pants for a backcountry trip. Ordered a pair of pants, it "shipped" after 4days , got a tracking number. Didnt arrive in time for trip.
After 4 weeks no movement on tracking, nothing showed up - contacted them - they never actually shipped because they didnt have stock. Gave me the generic "cust20" coupon as an apology.

Do not recommend this brand
May 19, 2020
7 posts
4 upvotes
Some of their items are inferior quality. I bought winter jackets for my kids and after a couple of months of use, the filling is shifting inside and some areas doesn't have filling at all.
The shoes from MW were damaged after couple of months as well.
Nov 10, 2003
822 posts
430 upvotes
Richmond
Tried to order a pair of winter pants,

1. Added to cart, click Check Out, entered email address, then it said "Your cart is empty"
2. Back to product page, added to cart, click Check out, was able to enter my email and shipping address, click Next, then "Your cart is empty"
3. Tried again as #2, same thing...
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2005
2521 posts
1658 upvotes
Ottawa
mikebc wrote: 50% off is the normal price. The 20% off code is the deal here. The merino base layers can't be beat at this price, though they are a very small percentage of wool (website doesn't give a blend %). I'd stay away from anything claiming to be "waterproof" and never buy their shoes. You get what you pay for with the $10 fleeces but the mid layer stuff is decent for the price.
I totally agree but for specific reasons. I'm wearing the Asgard merino shirt right now. The arms are a bit short and it's only 80% merino but it's fairly warm and the price is unbeatable. I'm disappointed with the Pakka "waterproof" jacket. It couldn't handle a summer downpour. I also bought their waterproof hiking shoes and hiking boots. Even though both are the same size, the shoes are too tight and the boots are a bit big. Otherwise, the quality of the footwear seems okay.
May 18, 2019
235 posts
130 upvotes
ON
Awesome deal. i was able to Grab 50% BF + 20% + 2.5 from Rakuten. delivery will be in 5 days. happy with deal,

RFD has always been helpful in saving big bucks.
Last edited by MatrixDealCrazy on Nov 25th, 2020 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1712 posts
647 upvotes
Seems the website is broken, keep adding stuff to cart and it reloads and is empty :-(
Nov 24, 2007
672 posts
791 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
peakingduck wrote: It's a step or two below Eddie Bauer. Probably similar to Walmart/target/Sears clothing. It also depends on the type of item you get.

I have 2 jackets from them and they're cheap but decent
I've bought quite a number of items from them over the years. I would say that their quality ranges - MW "best" quality approaches EB "regular" (ie not First Ascent) quality, but I'd put their cheapest stuff still a (small) rung above WM.

some of the stuff I've had:
  • Reykjavik (hooded) softshell jacket that's seen heavy use for over 8 years and has held up great - very similar quality to my EB Windfoil (non-hooded) softshell.
  • pair of their waterproof/breathable/lightly insulated shoes for at least 6 years now that I use in the winter, and they too have held up much better than expected.
  • merino wool beanies that are super thin and lightweight, but warm and comfortable
  • two or three pairs of gloves that are cheap crap that I use for abusive jobs outside in the winter
  • summer shirts and shorts that have held up pretty well, although not EB quality
I'll never pay the same as what I'd pay at EB for similar items, but if you look carefully often there are great deals to be had. Unfortuntely, I do feel that it's harder to find the good deals at MW these days compared to when they first opened stores in Canada at the outlet malls.
May 12, 2014
997 posts
822 upvotes
Markham, ON
GCR is giving 4.5% cash back till Nov 30 for MW

Oops, says cash back will be reversed if a promo code is used. Sorry all
Mar 9, 2020
370 posts
702 upvotes
thanks OP. ordered a hoodie. cust20 covered shipping cost.