Mountain Warehouse

Mountain Warehouse Clearance

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2020 9:00 pm
14 replies
Sep 14, 2018
265 posts
440 upvotes
Their stuff is seriously trash. Pair of ski pants lasted 2 days. Wore them once last year, and wore them the first snowfall this year and they ripped from the crotch down to the knee. And of course it was over a year so I'm shit outta luck on any warranty from them
Last edited by zigmanroxie on Jan 19th, 2020 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3843 posts
3389 upvotes
Markham
The clearance prices plus extra 20% discount for their fleece tops and ski jackets are not bad.
I am using several such tops and jackets.
They are of average to good quality.
Generally I order one size down and my size to try out both, as their sizes are sometimes a bit out. This way helps to boost my order above $100 to enjoy free shipping.
Return to a local store is easy and free of shipping fee.
Other than that, I have no complaint at all.
YMMV.
Oct 15, 2012
385 posts
411 upvotes
Sudbury
I just got an email from Great Canadian Rebates as follows: "There has been a transaction reversal. The details of your Cash Back Rebates changes are listed below.
Vendor: Mountain Warehouse, Current =$0.32, New Rebate=$-0.32, Cash Back Rebate Total=$0.00"

A GCR rep sent these replies "Hello, In the conditions box on the Mountain Warehouse page on GCR it says : All transactions using vouchers will be reversed at a later date." "Voucher is like a promo code. " "It depends on the promo code. If the promo code is exclusive then it belongs to the source of the code. It will override any source click. If it is not exclusive then it is fine and you will get the cash back. As for Mountain Warehouse, the report the transaction and then reverse it later if you use a voucher or promo code. We do put a warning in their page."

Interesting and thought I'd share!
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3562 posts
1613 upvotes
'Shwallywood
Mountain Warehouse is good if you want cheap, but the stuff doesn't last (However, one exception, I have a dufflebag that is still going strong after a few years of use)

The fleece pills, horrendously. The shoes are incredibly uncomfortable, very little support in the shoes. The soles are so thin you can feel every little pebble. The sizing is in euro as well, so size yourself up a size.
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
2115 posts
1766 upvotes
Laval, QC
no free shipping
fs on $100 order
Dec 31, 2016
447 posts
339 upvotes
Mississauga, ON, CA
theflyingsquirrel wrote: I got a -40C parka and it is so thin that it would be a stretch using in -5C.
please share the product link
I definitely don’t need one, so I’ll do the right thing and pick one up on my way home. 😎

**Just pick one and don't loot** 😠
Oct 13, 2016
430 posts
626 upvotes
Cheap stuff but ok
Bought a couple pair of shoes from them before, was like $10 a pair, no complaints for that price
Feb 21, 2010
26 posts
11 upvotes
Their clothes are the lowest quality I have ever bought, all were returned.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
3174 posts
1605 upvotes
Ottawa
I find whenever I am at the store, they have products that vary from low, to med, to good quality (not high). If you want jackets for little kids then this is great. The jacket might not even fit after a year anyway so the price is great. I have seen some nice quality kids jackets at one of the Ottawa stores.

The quality you get totally depends on which line of jackets you get. they got some super cheap ones, and some decent ones. Just touch the material, check the stitching, basic stuff everybody should do when buying clothes.
Oct 5, 2009
61 posts
46 upvotes
Vancouver
I got two merino shirts and I was pretty happy with their quality. I ended up going to the store because the medium size was too small and they were selling even cheaper in the store.