Mountain Warehouse

Mountain Warehouse extra 20% off

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2020 8:43 pm
16 replies
Apr 3, 2020
41 posts
25 upvotes
Are they good for tents? I'm looking to buy our 1st tent ever. Never camped but want to start. Any good tents for 4 people?
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12272 posts
2381 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Darn! I just ordered a bunch of stuff from Mountain Warehouse earlier this week.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
1122 posts
1437 upvotes
Code is EXTRA20, works on clearance items too. Shipping is $10, Returns to stores are FREE.
Apr 30, 2020
271 posts
302 upvotes
Vancouver
SauronBaggins wrote: Are they good for tents? I'm looking to buy our 1st tent ever. Never camped but want to start. Any good tents for 4 people?
stay away from these tents. they're not designed to be used for camping. single wall and like no ventilation at all other than the door. no rain fly either.
for a cheap tent maybe look into walmart's brand, ozark trail. or coleman which is another decent brand for occasional car camping.
Jun 24, 2013
47 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sweet! Picked up a silk mummy sleeping bag liner. Have been holding out for a while. Thanks OP!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
9810 posts
7606 upvotes
Kootenays
Shipping is $10 + tax, $10 + $1.20 here. Their clothes are low quality, but I can live with low quality, $20 shorts. $62.50 for 3 pairs.
Jun 9, 2019
530 posts
668 upvotes
Oh you really had me going, OP. I'm tired and I thought this was Mountain Hardwear before the bizarrely cheap prices (for Mountain Hardwear) made me do a double take. You sneaky devil, you
Apr 3, 2020
41 posts
25 upvotes
resare wrote: stay away from these tents. they're not designed to be used for camping. single wall and like no ventilation at all other than the door. no rain fly either.
for a cheap tent maybe look into walmart's brand, ozark trail. or coleman which is another decent brand for occasional car camping.
Thanks. I am not looking for a cheap tent. I'm looking for a good quality tent. I guess I'll look at MEC.
Jan 20, 2018
137 posts
194 upvotes
SauronBaggins wrote: Thanks. I am not looking for a cheap tent. I'm looking for a good quality tent. I guess I'll look at MEC.
If you’re looking for a very good quality tent for a decent priced I would look at the Eureka brand.

Very good value.

Depends what type of camping you’re doing and how many people will be in one tent but they have good options for practically everything.

Backpacking light weight can get a midori a bit more weight and more durability and strength there’s the Bella coola

Intense weather there’s the El Capitan. This tent could easily be used in winter but isn’t design to bare snow weight so you’d have to not let a lot of snow build up on it.

Light winter alpine light. Intense alpine conditions k2xt.

Family camping my favourite from them is the space camp. A cheaper family tent would be the Kohana.

They even have a bivy.

It’s really an underrated brand IMO. Very high value for cost.

Sorry to derail thread.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1906 posts
1774 upvotes
SauronBaggins wrote: Are they good for tents? I'm looking to buy our 1st tent ever. Never camped but want to start. Any good tents for 4 people?
What's with everybody suddenly getting into camping/hiking this year? Local hiking trails are busy and it's almost impossible to book a campsite or canoe trip. Is it caused by Covid and the need to get out of an apartment? Just curious (I don't live in the city and have camped my entire life).

...and I initially misread the title as MEC and was surprised by the stuff I saw until I looked at the site name. LOL
Feb 28, 2011
704 posts
1701 upvotes
ottawa
I don’t know about this particular product but, once I walked in their store. The quality of their products is absolute junk. It’s cheap .... that’s all
Apr 16, 2015
872 posts
540 upvotes
Oomani wrote: Oh you really had me going, OP. I'm tired and I thought this was Mountain Hardwear before the bizarrely cheap prices (for Mountain Hardwear) made me do a double take. You sneaky devil, you
YES, do not confuse Mountain HARDWEAR quality clothing with crappy cheaply made Mountain WAREHOUSE
[OP]
Oct 28, 2013
520 posts
452 upvotes
Not Toronto
The quality isn't bad for clothing, I bought a bunch of tshirts for the summer and they're great quality, much better than Old Navy or Gap.
Jul 15, 2009
275 posts
710 upvotes
MikeBrewerWheelerDealer wrote: Mountain warehouse makes cheap quality products. Good to buy if you don’t mind Poor quality.

Not a single post about Mountain warehouse with almost same negative post from you on the thread. You never miss a single one! Just search the previous posts for mountain warehouse.

The quality is "Not Bad Overall" to many people on this forum. It feels like you are sort of committed to downvote them with a passion.

Why is that? Were you working for them and left with a bad experience? Other?

Just wondering.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3856 posts
3421 upvotes
Markham
I will wait till they have free shipping promo.

Last time when they held a free shipping promo, I bought sports socks and found them pretty good quality at great price.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)