None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
13141 posts
2577 upvotes
Vancouver

Movie theatres with "recliners"?

Are there any movie theatres in the lower mainland with "recliners"?

Thanks
2 replies
Jun 30, 2009
685 posts
141 upvotes
Vancouver
The closest thing to "recliners" are the VIP seats at Coquitlam Silver City. But they don't fully recline and lock like a Lay-Z-Boy. They're just bigger, leather, and have more lean than other theatre seats.

Edit: apparently the very front seats by the screen fully recline
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
4690 posts
2861 upvotes
Sorry OP for hijacking your thread because you are specifically asking about movie theatres in the lower mainland with "recliners".

I'm posting in your thread to update some misinformation about our Cineplex VIP Don Mills located in Toronto, Ontario that does have theatres with recliners. However, the 2 links below specified the two wrong auditoriums that have the recliners. The correct information is below the links in bold print.

http://liveattheshops.com/2014/08/14/th ... ally-open/

Auditoriums 4 and 5 feature fully reclining seats and Dolby Atmos digital surround sound

http://girl.heartless-ink.com/cineplex- ... don-mills/

There are 5 auditoriums, auditoriums 4 and 5 feature fully reclining seats and Dolby Atmos digital surround sound!

They are the two smallest auditoriums and they are the ones with the recliners and Dolby Atmos sound which also have ceiling speakers which the 3 biggest theatres (Auditoriums 1,2,3) don't have.

In order to appreciate Dolby Atmos encoded (sound mixed) movies viewers must be in either Auditorium 4 and 5 the smallers rooms with the recliners.

edit: I know this from my personal experience of paying for Dolby Atmos encoded movies and seeing them in the wrong (bigger) auditoriums at VIP Don Mills which didn't have ceiling speakers. The links above had incorrect information posted on their sites which led me astray.