• Jun 7th, 2019 7:25 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
5755 posts
2533 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…

Moving application to new drive?

So I bought one of those Adata 1TB SSDs for my old desktop. Did a fresh install on it. Trouble now is that I cannot install my favorite mail client (Windows Live Mail from Windows Essentials 2012) due to the files apparently being taken off the MS servers (catlog not found or some such). Any way to transfer the app from one drive to another? Won't run from the drive the app is installed on.
Cream rises to the top. So does scum.
7 replies
Jan 21, 2013
683 posts
174 upvotes
in a bubble
Im having the same problem! I have win live mail on my Main desktop & want to put on my laptop.... what is my alternative?

I hate having to turn on my desktop just to read mail.....
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
5755 posts
2533 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
I found an old copy of Windows Essentials in one of my drives. There are two downloads, ending with web and full. Web needs the files no longer available from MS while full has all the files.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
5755 posts
2533 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
What problems did you have? Mine installed fine.

The link I got it from is dead.
Jan 21, 2013
683 posts
174 upvotes
in a bubble
thriftshopper wrote: What problems did you have? Mine installed fine.

The link I got it from is dead.
I think I had to reconfigure the email settings, like ingoing /outgoing mail server, pop3...etc my ISP would not help me with it, so he suggested using win10 mail.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
5755 posts
2533 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Hotmail among others don'r support POP or web log in anymore. You have to configure for IMAP (and SMTP or outgoing mail). Easy enough to find for Hotmail/Outlook/ Gmail and even Yahoo. Your ISP should have that info.