Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 20, 2015
29 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver

Moving to BC from ON, driver's license.

I will be moving to BC from ON sometime soon, i checked ICBC site for the requirements to convert my ON driver's license to BC license so it reads, i need to give proof of Two years of driving experience, whereas i got my G license this year after i went through the expedited process because i got credited for my previous driving record from my backhome.
I wanted to ask how can i provide this kinda proof to ICBC or will they accept the fact that i didn't go through 2~3 years of normal licensing procedure. OR can i just get this letter/proof from DriveTest/Service Ontario office ?

Also the experience they ask for is the experience one has after getting G license ? or it could be the experience since the person got his G1.

Thanks guys.
6 replies
[OP]
Feb 20, 2015
29 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
yea i would, but i thought if somebody here had a similar situation that could give me a hint on what to do :) thanks Messerschmitt.
Feb 17, 2007
102 posts
40 upvotes
Vancouver
What is the move for? If it is temporary for school, you should be able to get an exemption.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2007
1005 posts
192 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Call ICBC to ask what they require. A driver's record may be sufficient. Alternatively, the reason they are asking is because they have a graduated licencing system similar to Ontario's. They are most likely aware of the procedures for Canadian provinces and could possibly issue an equivalent licence upon seeing your G.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1689 posts
402 upvotes
When you moved to Ontario and provided proof of your driving experience from home, did you have some kind of proof or paperwork from your home country? If so, the same should work in BC.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
6861 posts
2656 upvotes
BC
^ kmarcie has it right. If you still have that paperwork it would be the easiest route.

They may or may not view Ontario's graduated licence approach to be exactly equivalent to B.C.'s.