Moving to Burlington

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2020 9:44 am
[OP]
Jul 15, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote

Moving to Burlington

I am moving to Burlington from Toronto, I have a 6 year old kid and 7 months baby.Just wanted to know which areas are family friendly. Have couple of questions
If anyone is living in corporate/uptown area, how is this area?
Should I consider Orchard area over uptown/corporate area?
Please suggest, Thanks!
4 replies
[OP]
Jul 15, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
Thanks, do you have any idea about uptown/ corporate area?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2005
5071 posts
1034 upvotes
Burlington
Chenmahaj wrote: Thanks, do you have any idea about uptown/ corporate area?
It's a good area, very family friendly. What's nice is that it is walking distance to restaurants/grocery stores/etc.
May 9, 2018
73 posts
38 upvotes
I'm currently a resident have lived here for over 20 years, feel free to ask questions or PM. In general the city is family friendly and your deciding factors will likely be type of house/lot, schools and what you wish to be close to. I've lived in the Orchard, but now reside south of the highway closer to the lake but on the east side of the city. South of the lake tends to be older smaller homes in mature neighbourhoods(lots of side splits & bungalows) on larger lots (many are being bought and renovated or knocked down new builds). Orchard is newer in terms of age with larger homes (2 stories) and smaller lots.

You may want to look on the school board sites so you can see what areas feed what schools.

When I lived in the orchard 90% of homes were families raising kids, in the south there seems to be many more homes with older adults and no kids currently at home.

Overall it's a great place to raise a family and one of the reasons we moved back here after living abroad for a period of time.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)