• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2021 8:49 pm
[OP]
Sep 27, 2009
910 posts
276 upvotes
Calgary

Moving Messages and WhatsApp history from Android to iPhone

I am switching to an iPhone after almost a decade on Android (currently on a Pixel 4). I really need to transfer over my messaging and WhatsApp history, what apps have you tried and worked to do this?

- I have the tried the official Move to iOS app to transfer only for messages (950 MB worth) and it fails every time. It takes a long time for the "Preparing" stage, then I get an estimate of more than 1 hour, it transfers for a bit, then it fails. After 3 tries, I gave up, it is not going to work.

- For WhatsApp, there are multiple apps floating online, some are very pricy for 1 time use. I don't mind paying ultimately, but the reviews vary a lot, some people say it works, a lot are unhappy that it doesn't work. What App is the one to get? I don't mind using the same app to switch over my text messages and WhatsApp messages and history.

It seems there is no easy way around this so I am hoping other members have gone through this and can share what and how they used for this.
1 reply
[OP]
Sep 27, 2009
910 posts
276 upvotes
Calgary
I guess I'll answer my own questions, after much searching I settled on Wondershare Mobile Trans, I managed to transfer all my messages and WhatsApp chats / photos. It took a while, but it got the job done. I didn't try the phone to phone transfer, I did it through the Windows App. It is not cheap, about $52 CAD on sale Astonished Face . The Mac OS version is even more expensive, hence why I used the Windows version.

/ Thread closed.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)