Computers & Electronics

Moving playlist from Apple Music on Android to Apple Music on iOS?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2018 2:48 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21848 posts
1712 upvotes
Shanghai, China

Moving playlist from Apple Music on Android to Apple Music on iOS?

I created a playlist on Apple Music for my Android device. How do I transfer that to Apple Music on my iPhone/iPad?
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2544 posts
1505 upvotes
Calgary
It's not tied to your iCloud / iTunes account?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21848 posts
1712 upvotes
Shanghai, China
Devhux wrote: It's not tied to your iCloud / iTunes account?
Apple Music can connect to iCloud? I don't see such an option.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2544 posts
1505 upvotes
Calgary
I think I meant iTunes (as in the account used to access Apple Music). If playlists aren't synced across devices that's really dumb.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21848 posts
1712 upvotes
Shanghai, China
Devhux wrote: I think I meant iTunes (as in the account used to access Apple Music). If playlists aren't synced across devices that's really dumb.
I have to bump this thread as I still can't get this to work. Does anyone here use Apple Music on both Android and iOS?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
21848 posts
1712 upvotes
Shanghai, China
Am I the only one here using Apple Music on both Android and iOS?
Dec 14, 2004
924 posts
203 upvotes
Waterloo
What about an app like this? Not sure if it will work but if the app runs in both iOS and Android you might be able to export and then import

https://freeyourmusic.com
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2012
1425 posts
765 upvotes
TORONTO
What’s the issue?

You use your same sign in on both devices. Then you’ll have access to Apple Music.

I think playlists are saved remotely to your device. So I don’t think you’ll be able to have the same playlist available on both platforms. But it’s seamless within the ecosystem.
Nov 5, 2011
210 posts
164 upvotes
On iOS devices, you have to enable “iCloud Music Library” in the Apple Music settings. By doing that, your library and playlists are synchronized between devices. Look for this option in both your iOS and Android devices (not sure if it exists for Android as I never used Apple Music on Android).