Investing

Moving TFSA from TD direct to Wealthsimple?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2021 9:38 pm
[OP]
Oct 24, 2011
911 posts
447 upvotes

Moving TFSA from TD direct to Wealthsimple?

Hey folks,
I am beginner for investing world, I recently maxed out my tfsa room and bought few different items in TDDI.... I clouding index funds... and some stocks.

Again, I did things without much research, so I ended up spending $9.99 commission per trade with tddi... I was wondering if I choose to move to wealthsimple for $0 commission, would index fund be eligible too? I saw message saying Bond must be SOLD to cash before transfer..
4 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
10300 posts
5396 upvotes
Markham
Beginner and use TDDI as well

Do you plan to buy and sell often? I plan to buy and hold, so commission doesn't matter that much and index funds don't have commission
[OP]
Oct 24, 2011
911 posts
447 upvotes
zzricezz wrote: Wealthsimple does have ETF index.
Yeah I just saw that actually, so I guess if I do "move entire as is" then there will be no impact I guess?? I mean, I already paid commissions.... so maybe next time I could, but seriously made me so upset once I found out $0 commissions
[OP]
Oct 24, 2011
911 posts
447 upvotes
smartie wrote: Beginner and use TDDI as well

Do you plan to buy and sell often? I plan to buy and hold, so commission doesn't matter that much and index funds don't have commission
I already bought my entire tfsa limit worth... so I will probably hold for a while...