Wheels and Tires

Moving tires with rims from Toronto to Edmonton

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2021 2:50 pm
[OP]
Apr 29, 2018
21 posts

Moving tires with rims from Toronto to Edmonton

Any suggestions on how to move them cost effectively?

I’m also thinking of just selling them. I’d rather keep them if I could.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4635 posts
4894 upvotes
GTA
I looked into shipping a set from Toronto to Vancouver, and it was going to be about $500 plus packaging materials (cardboard, stretch wrap, nylon strapping, etc).

edit: that was through either UPS or Fedex. I just used their online shipping estimator.
Last edited by derass on Sep 16th, 2021 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4500 posts
3406 upvotes
Edmonton
johnAtRFD9602 wrote: Any suggestions on how to move them cost effectively?

I’m also thinking of just selling them. I’d rather keep them if I could.
Put them on a vehicle and drive them.

How old are they? What is cost of shipping vs. replacement cost (less the amount you would get for the sale)?
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
3008 posts
1356 upvotes
GTA
Doesn't Greyhound do some sort of freight rate on their busses?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
3385 posts
1999 upvotes
Mississauga
Late 2019 I got a set of wheels and tires shipped from Alberta to Ontario and it was about $400-500 with packaging and FedEx. FedEx was the cheapest at the time when compared to UPS, Purolator and CanadaPost.

Last summer UPS was the cheapest for wheels only at $180 from Quebec to Ontario.
Viperoni wrote: Doesn't Greyhound do some sort of freight rate on their busses?
Not anymore for Canada. Greyhoud domestic routes no longer exist in Canada due to drop in ridership. They stopped all Western Canada routes about 3 years ago(Oct 2018). Ontario and Quebec domestic routes stopped just before the summer of this year(May 2021).

Any Greyhoud bus you see on our roads is doing cross-border transit. They now only operate from Vancouver to Seattle, Toronto to Buffalo, Montreal to Boston or NY,
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
3008 posts
1356 upvotes
GTA
bubuski wrote: Late 2019 I got a set of wheels and tires shipped from Alberta to Ontario and it was about $400-500 with packaging and FedEx. FedEx was the cheapest at the time when compared to UPS, Purolator and CanadaPost.

Last summer UPS was the cheapest for wheels only at $180 from Quebec to Ontario.

Not anymore for Canada. Greyhoud domestic routes no longer exist in Canada due to drop in ridership. They stopped all Western Canada routes about 3 years ago(Oct 2018). Ontario and Quebec domestic routes stopped just before the summer of this year(May 2021).

Any Greyhoud bus you see on our roads is doing cross-border transit. They now only operate from Vancouver to Seattle, Toronto to Buffalo, Montreal to Boston or NY,
Great info, thank you!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2012
5914 posts
5092 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Viperoni wrote: Doesn't Greyhound do some sort of freight rate on their busses?
Not any more....

Greyhound Canada Closes its Services in Canada

Due to sustained ridership declines in Ontario and Quebec, Greyhound Canada has made the difficult decision to discontinue all operations on its remaining routes in Ontario and Quebec, and will permanently close all services in Canada effective May 13, 2021

https://news.greyhound.ca/