Expired Hot Deals

MP3 downloads half price sale (works out to $0.07/song) with $40 purchase - Soundsbox

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2010 9:55 am
[OP]
May 5, 2007
947 posts
167 upvotes

MP3 downloads half price sale (works out to $0.07/song) with $40 purchase - Soundsbox

Soundsbox.com is an mp3 download site. Songs usually cost $0.14 and are half price for this week only; read on for info.

"The catch", if you can call it that, is that you first deposit money into your account, then download what you want. When you run out, just fill up you account again. The minimum purchase is $20.

A $100 purchase gets you a $35 bonus, $50 get you $7.50 and $30 gets you $1.50.

At any time, if you buy an album, you get 10% off, As an example, a 10 track album would cost (10 x $0.14) - 10% = $1.26. If you bought them one by one, it would cost $1.40.

This week only, if you buy $40 they will give you a bonus of $40. So your original 40 gets you double the songs, working out to $0.07 a song. I've been using them for a couple of years now without issue. Even purchased gift certificates for family and friends and everyone was happy.

As a sidenote: I use Chrome when I use the site as the download process is simple. IE was a pain, at least the last time I tried to use it.
14 replies
Aug 8, 2005
730 posts
10 upvotes
Near Halifax
Anybody else have any experience with this site? They only take Visa and MC and I feel kind of naked buyin' stuff off the net without Paypal unless it's from a big-name retailer. Thx
Hmm ... I've saved TONS of money yet I'm still broke. Oh yeah - I've got LOTS of toys to show for my savings. <--- Typical RFD way of thinking :D
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3273 posts
449 upvotes
Seems very similar to the setup that Allofmp3 had, as this appears to be located in Russia as well. Googled some reviews, and many said that customer service is lacking, but at those prices, who cares? It looks like other sites are out there even cheaper though.
Aug 8, 2005
730 posts
10 upvotes
Near Halifax
Kherani wrote: Who pays for music?

Call me old school. At this point I don't think $0.14 / song is gonna break me. Then again, don't tell the wife I have that kind of money :lol:
Hmm ... I've saved TONS of money yet I'm still broke. Oh yeah - I've got LOTS of toys to show for my savings. <--- Typical RFD way of thinking :D
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3999 posts
4340 upvotes
Muskoka
at 0.14 per track, it is obviously not legit or sanctioned. Royalties are not getting paid to artists. So for that reason, I'm out.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2668 posts
401 upvotes
Nepean
So if this is not legit should rfd be locking this thread... Just saying.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1025 upvotes
southnam wrote: So if this is not legit should rfd be locking this thread... Just saying.
Just because one person says it's not legal doesn't make it show.

By that logic I could say RFD is illegal and they should shut down the entire site.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2004
1087 posts
222 upvotes
Kanata
dealzuser wrote: Did some searching and someone reviewed Legalsounds quite favorably.
http://www.squidoo.com/Legalsounds

I browsed the site http://www.legalsounds.com/ and they have quite a large selection. Will make a purchase to try soon. :)

I've been a longtime user of legalsounds. I'd recommend them 100%. 9 cents a song, and they often have the chart toppers available for free. It's nice to be able to rely on getting a quality track.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2003
2491 posts
501 upvotes
spotts01 wrote: at 0.14 per track, it is obviously not legit or sanctioned. Royalties are not getting paid to artists. So for that reason, I'm out.
southnam wrote: So if this is not legit should rfd be locking this thread... Just saying.
NG wrote: Just because one person says it's not legal doesn't make it show.

By that logic I could say RFD is illegal and they should shut down the entire site.
In most of the world this type of music sales would be illegal. In Russia it's not. No royalties are being payed. No one is getting any money accept for the website selling the music.

To me, if the artist is not getting a penny from the sales of their music then you might as well download it for free rather then pay one of the Russian music sites for it.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2003
3885 posts
63 upvotes
RideGuy wrote: In most of the world this type of music sales would be illegal. In Russia it's not. No royalties are being payed. No one is getting any money accept for the website selling the music.

To me, if the artist is not getting a penny from the sales of their music then you might as well download it for free rather then pay one of the Russian music sites for it.

Nicely said
Nov 14, 2006
784 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
RideGuy wrote: In most of the world this type of music sales would be illegal. In Russia it's not. No royalties are being payed. No one is getting any money accept for the website selling the music.

I would personally steer clear if the artist/record label has not made an agreement with the website...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)