Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Mpow / SoundPeats BT 4.X Wireless Stereo Sweatproof Sport Headphones w/ Mic $21.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2016 3:55 pm
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 22, 2009
11789 posts
2740 upvotes
Toronto
lg777 wrote: I got my Soundpeats yesterday, black. No case but you can buy similar on eBay for like a buck or two.

What I like about the reds are the ear anchors. They are more hollowed out than the perforated ones I got which seem to be better.
Do you have a link to those Clam Cases for a buck or two on eBay? Thanks!
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Banned
User avatar
Sep 13, 2012
2673 posts
786 upvotes
glassandmonocle wrote: Suppose I'm looking for options between the 18 to 35 dollar range with decent sound, good fit, and a cord short enough not to circumscribe the northwest passage. What are my options?
Gentlemen, where do we stand on this point. It seems like people are reasonably satisfied with what they're getting. Any suggestions on a unit, in black with the previously mentioned details?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2010
1602 posts
49 upvotes
I liked them so much I ordered two more (I have various devices that I can use them with)

My only question is should I leave them powered on? Or should I turn them off if I'm not using

Lets see how long they last
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 22, 2009
11789 posts
2740 upvotes
Toronto
glassandmonocle wrote: Gentlemen, where do we stand on this point. It seems like people are reasonably satisfied with what they're getting. Any suggestions on a unit, in black with the previously mentioned details?
In black only...get the SoundPEATS....they are all the same quality.

However, you will not get a pouch/clam case with an all black SoundPEATs version...strangely. But if you don't mind that, then that is your best bet.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
2669 posts
815 upvotes
Bought the green one matching my jacket :)

Thanks
Sr. Member
Jul 29, 2003
707 posts
27 upvotes
I ordered the black Qy7's on Tuesday, and got them on Friday. Having owned two previous sets of BT headphoes, I'm impressed with the sound quality. You can crank the vol on these too. I like how voice over features (when powering on, off, and when receiving a call). Just need to play around with getting the right fit.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2014
6309 posts
2572 upvotes
Canuckland
Kujo wrote: I ordered the black Qy7's on Tuesday, and got them on Friday. Having owned two previous sets of BT headphoes, I'm impressed with the sound quality. You can crank the vol on these too. I like how voice over features (when powering on, off, and when receiving a call). Just need to play around with getting the right fit.
Did it come with the pouch and cable shortener?
Banned
User avatar
Sep 13, 2012
2673 posts
786 upvotes
DaiLo23 wrote: not sure if I was the only one to get them in my package or not, but I got a piece that would reduce the length of the cable, its a little round piece that you shove the cable into:

Image

I also put the clip on the end there to clip on my back neck collar it to reduce micro-phonics.

its been ok so far but my soundpeats have some pretty bad interference randomly. Not sure if its my environment, possibly a lot of 2.4ghz signal flying around.
Where would I get this circular clip on thing?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 16, 2004
2142 posts
775 upvotes
Toronto
I went to the dollar store and got a small camera case.
The case can hold a small battery pack, the headphones and a short cable.

This way the headset can charge while I'm not using it.
Got the idea from my other set, plantronics backbeat go 2 which came with a case and built in battery / charger.
LRT: Let's Ruin Toronto
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 14, 2006
2332 posts
1165 upvotes
Waterloo
mtmp5k wrote: I liked them so much I ordered two more (I have various devices that I can use them with)

My only question is should I leave them powered on? Or should I turn them off if I'm not using

Lets see how long they last
You should power them off.
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Newbie
Apr 22, 2014
4 posts
Abbotsford, BC
Got them (soundpeats) yesterday... Very pleased! Great bang for the buck.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2006
1788 posts
173 upvotes
Vancouver
Has anyone hit the 8 hour music listening time? Or was that a gimmick?
Member
Apr 16, 2017
228 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Bit the bullet. I need to test these. Thnx OP
Newbie
Aug 6, 2013
19 posts
2 upvotes
Calgary
joo wrote: I went to the dollar store and got a small camera case.
The case can hold a small battery pack, the headphones and a short cable.

This way the headset can charge while I'm not using it.
Got the idea from my other set, plantronics backbeat go 2 which came with a case and built in battery / charger.
How does the backbeat go 2 compare to this headset, sound-wise?
Banned
User avatar
Sep 13, 2012
2673 posts
786 upvotes
I appreciate the comparison. I'm sure many others do.

My neck is probably fat enough that I won't need a cord shortener.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 16, 2004
2142 posts
775 upvotes
Toronto
vladan77 wrote: How does the backbeat go 2 compare to this headset, sound-wise?
I don't actually have this particular headset, I have the predecessor, the Mpow Seahorse
So I can only compare that. The Backbeats have more sound isolation, almost too much. Also better bass and a more rounded out sound. I find the Seahorse flat in the middle and need to adjust the EQ when listening to music. However I use them primarily for running so sound quality isn't that critical.
LRT: Let's Ruin Toronto

Top