Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Mpow / SoundPeats BT 4.X Wireless Stereo Sweatproof Sport Headphones w/ Mic $21.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2016 3:55 pm
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11789 posts
2740 upvotes
Toronto
bucklemyshoe wrote: Received 5$ for the partial refund(missing case). Including gc + this will be 4.99 total for the ear phones. I can vounch that it's certainly over 3 hours + of music. Thanks again op!
Why did you get $5? They under-refunded you...I got $6 refunded...so $1 more.

It would have made your purchase total cost with your Gift Card which you purchased it with and the refund a total of $3.99. ;)
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Jan 13, 2014
109 posts
48 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Cant decide if I should go for the Green or Black!!! HELP!!!!

Also, are they a little bulky? I watched some reviews online and that seems to be the only complaint.
Feb 23, 2013
17 posts
1 upvote
Choosy wrote: Probably not the best to use while driving. IEM give a certain amount of noise isolation so there may be more opportunities for accidents to happen =s.
Thanks - good point, appreciate the feedback.
Feb 23, 2013
17 posts
1 upvote
Scorpionsy wrote: These earphones are very good at minimizing external sound and noise cancelling...I DO NOT recommend you use them while driving in BOTH ears...just one ear.

If you want to use both ears...why don't you get one of those Bluetooth dongles with a mic that connect to your Car's speakers and then you can speak in to the microphone but hear callers in surround sound via your Car Speakers?
- Thanks - Good idea, I was also looking at the bluetooth speakerphones.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11789 posts
2740 upvotes
Toronto
mcfrugal wrote: here are the bluedios i ordered which I think aren't worth more than $9 (I paid $15): http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6399 ... 5153699948

going to try the SoundPeats and will post a comparison ...
That's strange...another poster here recommended the Bluedio brand and said it was good quality.

This Folded Bluetooth Headset looks cool though (and has a very nice variety of colors to choose from) and I prefer over the ear headsets than in ear headsets because they are more comfortable to wear on your ears, but I am not sure about the sound quality on them....did anybody here on RFD try this brand and style before?:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sports-W ... 25985.html
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11789 posts
2740 upvotes
Toronto
Scorpionsy wrote: These earphones are very good at minimizing external sound and noise cancelling...I DO NOT recommend you use them while driving in BOTH ears...just one ear.

If you want to use both ears...why don't you get one of those Bluetooth dongles with a mic that connect to your Car's speakers and then you can speak in to the microphone but hear callers in surround sound via your Car Speakers?
akarnick wrote: - Thanks - Good idea, I was also looking at the bluetooth speakerphones.
You are welcome!

Here is an example from AliExpress for that hands-free car bluetooth kit device that I told you...check it out:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bluetoot ... 32258.html?

And you can attach it to the steering wheel or just place it next to you somewhere in the car.

Features:

* Automatic power on, automatic connection, automatic power off.
The world's first fully automatic Bluetooth car kit, more humanized, more energy-saving.
* Voice Command Recognition
Answer or reject the coming call, or make a call by voice command (the phone should support the function itself).
* Multi-language Voice Prompt
Chinese, English, Spanish, Deutsch, French.
Voice prompts to indicate various states timely, such as power on, power off, pairing, etc.
* Multi-point, Dual-HTP
Connect to 2 phone simultaneously.
* Bluetooth 3.0
Flly support Bluetooth 3.0 and backward compatible.
* A2DP
Support mobile phone Bluetooth music play and navigation play.
* Abundant Applications
With only 3 buttons, more than 11 functions can be used easily, no need to remember the instruction, or search for the button when need, all operations are humanized.
* Noise Reduction
Eliminate the effects to conversation quality by echo, which offers you an enjoyable talking experience.
Feb 23, 2013
17 posts
1 upvote
Scorpionsy wrote: You are welcome!

Here is an example from AliExpress for that hands-free car bluetooth kit device that I told you...check it out:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bluetoot ... 32258.html?

And you can attach it to the steering wheel or just place it next to you somewhere in the car.

Features:

* Automatic power on, automatic connection, automatic power off.
The world's first fully automatic Bluetooth car kit, more humanized, more energy-saving.
* Voice Command Recognition
Answer or reject the coming call, or make a call by voice command (the phone should support the function itself).
* Multi-language Voice Prompt
Chinese, English, Spanish, Deutsch, French.
Voice prompts to indicate various states timely, such as power on, power off, pairing, etc.
* Multi-pint, Dual-HTP
Connect to 2 phone simultaneously.
* Bluetooth 3.0
Flly support Bluetooth 3.0 and backward compatible.
* A2DP
Support mobile phone Bluetooth music play and navigation play.
* Abundant Applications
With only 3 buttons, more than 11 functions can be used easily, no need to remember the instruction, or search for the button when need, all operations are humanized.
* Noise Reduction
Eliminate the effections to conversation quality by echo, which offers you a enjoyable taling experience.
Thanks - I will look into it.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11789 posts
2740 upvotes
Toronto
crocop24 wrote: Cant decide if I should go for the Green or Black!!! HELP!!!!

Also, are they a little bulky? I watched some reviews online and that seems to be the only complaint.
Black works with anything your wear...no matter what colors you are wearing....so I prefer black.

Green is fine for gym but I don't see it working with any casual/dress colored clothes you might wear outside of working out/sports. But that's my opinion anyway.

As for size, they are not that bulky, they do protrude a bit from the ears but not that much....but what do you expect?...all the circuitry are in the ear-pieces...and that's one of the smaller form-factors we can get with today's Bluetooth wireless technology.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11789 posts
2740 upvotes
Toronto
akarnick wrote: Thanks - I will look into it.
No problem. :)
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2004
2142 posts
775 upvotes
Toronto
Scorpionsy wrote: Can you please upload a couple of pictures of the Camera Case you got from the Dollar store with it closed and open, so I can see if I want to get the same one?

How much did you buy it for?

Thanks for your help. :)
Sure here's a pic of it with a measuring tape so you can see how big it is.
It's about 1.25" thick when zipped up.
I manage to fit the following into it (pictured)
- Headphones
- 3 ft lightning cable for my iPhone
- 3 ft micro usb cable for charging the headphones
- 2600 mAH battery pack

I paid $2 for it

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/etfcq9.png[/IMG]
LRT: Let's Ruin Toronto
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1313 posts
1075 upvotes
North York
Finally decided to order a pair. Hopefully I can pair this and the mic to my ps3. Has anyone gotten this to work, or believes it will work?
Dec 14, 2005
327 posts
148 upvotes
BC
I'm glad to see others getting the partial refund as well.

So far, I'm very impressed with the Soundpeats earphones. Today, I took the fully charged earphones with me for a 3 hour walk. I streamed Slacker Radio on my iPhone 6 Plus and the battery life indicator for the Soundpeats on my iPhone showed more than half battery life remaining. This is totally good enough for me and I'm very happy with the purchase of my red Soundpeats so far. I'm hoping my wife enjoys her black Soundpeats as much as I'm enjoying mine.
Keep Calm & Save Money on RFD!!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11789 posts
2740 upvotes
Toronto
joo wrote: Sure here's a pic of it with a measuring tape so you can see how big it is.
It's about 1.25" thick when zipped up.
I manage to fit the following into it (pictured)
- Headphones
- 3 ft lightning cable for my iPhone
- 3 ft micro usb cable for charging the headphones
- 2600 mAH battery pack

I paid $2 for it

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/etfcq9.png[/IMG]
Thank you very much for the picture and the measurements as well as the price. $2 is very reasonable. Much appreciated! :)
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11789 posts
2740 upvotes
Toronto
mikeeymike wrote: I'm glad to see others getting the partial refund as well.

So far, I'm very impressed with the Soundpeats earphones. Today, I took the fully charged earphones with me for a 3 hour walk. I streamed Slacker Radio on my iPhone 6 Plus and the battery life indicator for the Soundpeats on my iPhone showed more than half battery life remaining. This is totally good enough for me and I'm very happy with the purchase of my red Soundpeats so far. I'm hoping my wife enjoys her black Soundpeats as much as I'm enjoying mine.
Thanks!

I didn't know there was a SoundPEATS Battery Indicator app for iPhone....is there one for Android?

Where did you get it from? The App Store?

I wonder if we have an app on Google Play for SoundPEATS too.

What else does the App do? Or is it just a battery monitor for the headphones and does nothing else?
Dec 14, 2005
327 posts
148 upvotes
BC
It's not an app. It's built into iOS on the iPhone. Right next to the solidly litup BT symbol, there's a vertical battery meter to its right.
As for Android, when I get a chance, I will connect up to my now retired Nexus 5 and see if it has the same thing. But I'm sure someone else can check it sooner than me ;)
Keep Calm & Save Money on RFD!!
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
1096 posts
947 upvotes
Calgary
mikeeymike wrote: It's not an app. It's built into iOS on the iPhone. Right next to the solidly litup BT symbol, there's a vertical battery meter to its right.
As for Android, when I get a chance, I will connect up to my now retired Nexus 5 and see if it has the same thing. But I'm sure someone else can check it sooner than me ;)
No battery indicator for me on my HTC One M8 running Sense 6 on Lollipop
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11789 posts
2740 upvotes
Toronto
xblackrainbow wrote: Finally decided to order a pair. Hopefully I can pair this and the mic to my ps3. Has anyone gotten this to work, or believes it will work?
If you are planning to listen to music from CDs or MP3s then that is fine with these BT headphones...however if you plan to watch media, movies or play games on your PS3...you will be disappointed because BT headsets usually have a lag to the video/audio...so the sound you hear might not match the video/animation you are seeing...there will be a bit of a lag. FYI.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11789 posts
2740 upvotes
Toronto
mikeeymike wrote: It's not an app. It's built into iOS on the iPhone. Right next to the solidly litup BT symbol, there's a vertical battery meter to its right.
RuLa Of Da WoRlD wrote: No battery indicator for me on my HTC One M8 running Sense 6 on Lollipop

So what you are saying is that it is a built in indicator related to your BT capabilities in iPhone...and not something that is made by/for SoundPEATS.

That means, that Android will not have an App/Indicator like that...because it is too universal...too many manufacturers....unless it is built into Android's BT capabilities too.

But RuLa above says that his HTC One doesn't have it and he is on Lollipop Android OS which is the latest version of the OS. So that rules that out.
May 9, 2011
88 posts
20 upvotes
EDMONTON
just got a pair of these today in the mail. ordered on friday night and showed up today!

my initial impressions are that the sound quality is excellent. I've owned klipsch s4's and senheisser 598s and m50's so the audio on these bluetooth headphones are worth the $30 for sure.

In terms of the fit, i found it very snug but havent done any exercising in them yet. Very tight in the ear with the wing tips when waving my head around like a lunatic lol
Dec 13, 2009
145 posts
149 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote: That's right...I don't like any of the colors except plain black/black with my headphones...so I had ordered the black/black SoundPEATS...and did NOT get that clamshell case with it. It seems that it only comes with the Red soundPEATS because it is an older production stock (which is also why those hollow "wing" stabilizer accessories only come with that package....where as newer stock comes with the holed "wing" stabilizers)...newer stock comes without the clamshell case...even newer stock of the red ones don't come with a clamshell cases (which is strange...but I guess the company is cost cutting).

But now I got $6 refunded and can buy a nice clamshell case with that amount or cheaper and STILL keep my black/black headphones which is as I said my preferred headphone/wire color. ;)
How do you know that cases signify older or newer stock? My red soundpeats came with a case and multiple sizes of 3 different kinds of stabilizers: single loop, sharper wing shaped, and another kind with lots of little holes inside (exactly like jaybird stabilizers).