Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Mr. Lighting

LED Flush Mount Ceiling Fixture Brush Nickel 16" 15W - $19.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2017 1:27 pm
Oct 24, 2017
3 posts
12 upvotes

LED Flush Mount Ceiling Fixture Brush Nickel 16" 15W - $19.99

Deal Link:
Price:
$19.99
Savings:
40% off
Retailer:
Mr. Lighting
Brush-Nickel-Flush-Mount.jpg

LED flush mount ceiling fixture with brush nickel finish is on sale, $19.99. Replace any existing traditional indoor ceiling fixtures, providing designer quality light solutions while creating tremendous energy savings.
https://mrlighting.com/fdk-cld-1615-30k-bn-d

LED Candle Light Filament 4.8W 2700K Soft White. Traditional shape and energy saving. $3.50
https://mrlighting.com/reno-candle-4-8w-2700k
8 replies
May 18, 2013
20 posts
10 upvotes
The one at Rona is only 11", should be good for very small room.
Apr 14, 2006
416 posts
278 upvotes
Before buying any light fixture I suggest to make sure it takes standard E26/A19 base bulbs.

Sooner or later bulbs need to be replaced and it cost lots of $$$ if its uses non-standard bulbs.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1256 posts
865 upvotes
Toronto
cal653 wrote: Before buying any light fixture I suggest to make sure it takes standard E26/A19 base bulbs.

Sooner or later bulbs need to be replaced and it cost lots of $$$ if its uses non-standard bulbs.
You won't, cause nowadays many ceiling fixture comes with soldered LED diode on the circuit board. In case of failure you just replace the whole fixture.
Apr 14, 2006
416 posts
278 upvotes
Yes I know... I ripped out nonstandard fixtures before and rewired to normal A19 fixtures.

But why would anyone willing want to go through all that + still need to buy another new fixture just to change a dead bulb?

A19 LED's are available for $3 or less and takes 2 minutes to replace vs $20 and the time to rip out the fixture.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
cal653 wrote: [...] But why would anyone willing want to go through all that + still need to buy another new fixture just to change a dead bulb? A19 LED's are available for $3 or less and takes 2 minutes to replace vs $20 and the time to rip out the fixture.
+1
Dimmable A19 LED bulbs are currently available (in Ontario) for $0.50 (after instant rebate, at many hardware stores). Some (most) of these models are rated for installation inside enclosures.

Shoppers should only buy integrated LED fixtures only if they strongly desire that "ultra-thin profile" look that some new integrated LED models offer. By contrast, the model in the OP looks just like any old-school flush mount, thick enough to house several A19 incandescent bulbs inside, so it does not make much sense to buy this, as opposed to buying a model that actually comes with user replaceable A19 bulbs inside.

And the model in the OP, with a light output of 1150 Lumens, is less bright than even on single 100W incandescent bulb (which typically outputs 1300+ Lumens).

Anyway, thanks OP, welcome to the RFD, thumbs up for your effort and for a promising first post.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1256 posts
865 upvotes
Toronto
cal653 wrote: Yes I know... I ripped out nonstandard fixtures before and rewired to normal A19 fixtures.

But why would anyone willing want to go through all that + still need to buy another new fixture just to change a dead bulb?

A19 LED's are available for $3 or less and takes 2 minutes to replace vs $20 and the time to rip out the fixture.
Cause those fixtures with integrated LED are eligible for SaveOnEnergy rebate. Combine with additional discount from the store people thought it was a great deal.
May 18, 2013
20 posts
10 upvotes
cal653 wrote: Yes I know... I ripped out nonstandard fixtures before and rewired to normal A19 fixtures.

Most LED products will last over 7 years or more, both chip board and A19 bulbs. Personally I prefer the fixture with LED Board, because there is no black spot, and also 100% of light are shoot down, A19 maximum 75%.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)