[OP]
Nov 18, 2017
9 posts
95 upvotes

[Mr. Lube] $44.99 standard oil change [GTA ONLY]

Images
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 2.49.54 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 2.49.54 PM.png
Last edited by snowwolf3 on Oct 22nd, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
51 replies
Jul 22, 2014
818 posts
1780 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Too bad no vehicle in existence seems to qualify for their Standard Oil Change.
Jan 15, 2002
236 posts
27 upvotes
GTA locations only
THIS IS A DARK RIDE
Nov 7, 2011
468 posts
314 upvotes
British Columbia
Mr lube is by far the worst oil change company in the country. Have never gone there and not had bogus charges added to my bill.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2319 posts
414 upvotes
Had a friend went there to change oil, they talk him into the more expensive oil. As well, asked them to change a head light which he bought it elsewhere, they want to charge him $60 to change it. lol
King of the farm
Dec 4, 2004
621 posts
341 upvotes
GTA
The Tee Daught wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2019 3:02 pm
Mr lube is by far the worst oil change company in the country. Have never gone there and not had bogus charges added to my bill.
Makes sense, seeing as Jim Treliving has a stake in both Mr. Lube and Boston Pizza, by far the worst pizza restaurant in the country. Coincidence?
Jun 22, 2007
39 posts
6 upvotes
Markham
Mr.lube is a perfect oil change spot as most mechanics don't really want to deal with your oil unless they are doing extra services at the same time. I used to work at Mr.Lube, they upsell you like crazy but for a simple oil change it's awesome to go in and out in 15 mins. Even without a coupon...
Oct 21, 2019
1 posts
12 upvotes
I'd rather clap my genitals against a brick wall for 4 hours straight than go to Mr.Lube for an oil change....
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
8700 posts
6393 upvotes
Markham
The Tee Daught wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2019 3:02 pm
I dunno but have you heard of this place called "Canadian Tire?"
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2005
2252 posts
1412 upvotes
This thread make me to watch it again
When you trust someone else to take care of your car, can you trust that they're not taking you for a ride?

This week, our undercover investigation reveals ripoffs at a popular oil change chain. We're going in for the advertised $19.99 oil change, but you won't believe the charges we end up with. And did they even do the work? We go up on the hoist to show you what’s really going down at these oil change shops.
https://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/episodes ... y-business
Feb 11, 2009
186 posts
49 upvotes
Even if it was free I wouldnt trust this place with my car.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3355 posts
1359 upvotes
'Shwallywood
Cheetah wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2019 3:17 pm
Mr.lube is a perfect oil change spot as most mechanics don't really want to deal with your oil unless they are doing extra services at the same time. I used to work at Mr.Lube, they upsell you like crazy but for a simple oil change it's awesome to go in and out in 15 mins. Even without a coupon...
There are better and cheaper places to go without having to deal with this hassle.

Pro Lube in Durham is $26.99 for a standard oil change, In and out in 15 mins, the guy barely wants to even talk to me, so no worries about upselling.

My element is $26.99, My escape is $1 more cause it uses a bit more oil
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1841 posts
1205 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Anikiri wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2019 10:35 pm
I dunno but have you heard of this place called "Canadian Tire?"
Make sure you have oil in your car before leaving CT after a so called old change. I know a few people with scary stories from CT. They drain old and forget to fill. Forget to screw back oil cap, and you lose it once you start driving. And my father in law went in a few years ago for a season tire change, and they overtorqued one of the lug nuts, and snapped the bolt. Guess what, they never said anything, and left the car in parking lot. When he confronted them when he went to his car after paying, and noticed a missing nut, the mechanic said "oh ya.. It snapped, but we don't have any replacements, you should go to the dealer and get one"... Really......

CT garage service, no thanks. I'm sure there are some properly run shops out there, but unfortunately, way too many that are not.
Oct 15, 2012
203 posts
81 upvotes
Sudbury
Emporium wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2019 11:30 pm
Make sure you have oil in your car before leaving CT after a so called old change. I know a few people with scary stories from CT. They drain old and forget to fill. Forget to screw back oil cap, and you lose it once you start driving. And my father in law went in a few years ago for a season tire change, and they overtorqued one of the lug nuts, and snapped the bolt. Guess what, they never said anything, and left the car in parking lot. When he confronted them when he went to his car after paying, and noticed a missing nut, the mechanic said "oh ya.. It snapped, but we don't have any replacements, you should go to the dealer and get one"... Really......

CT garage service, no thanks. I'm sure there are some properly run shops out there, but unfortunately, way too many that are not.
My father had issue with CT after his car wouldn't start one morning; thankfully he was just staying just a couple hundred feet from a CT and he got help to push it into their lot-- I suspected it could be his crank sensor and told him-- they plugged in their ODB II code reader and it was confirmed-- that cost $90.00 diagnostic fee (lol) and out the door was around $300---now a month or so later car quits again but far from a shop so my brother-and-law troubleshoot what is could be for almost a week (off and on)-- they thought it couldn't be sensor so never checked initially---finally decided to look at it as nothing else seemed to work-- turns out it wasn't tightened properly and now has been fine for over a year. Never again!! And I bought him a cheap ODB II code reader--and me a higher-end Autel MaxiCheck Pro unit. No more $90.00 diagnostic BS! And no more CT service!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)