Food & Drink

Mucho Burrito Rewards program, could it be the worst one?

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2019 10:00 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3693 posts
1532 upvotes
Scarborough

Mucho Burrito Rewards program, could it be the worst one?

Went to a Mucho Burrito today to have some lunch and asked about the rewards program since it illustrated $1=10 points. The employee looks at me and says "You need to redeem about 8,000 points for a free burrito". I didn't really do the math until I got home and kinda paused, so basically I need to spend $800 to redeem a $10 burrito!

Either the employee made a mistake or I heard wrong. Went to the website and doesn't specify either. Anyone have any clue if this is the real deal? Seems like a ripoff if you ask me.
19 replies
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4314 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote: Went to a Mucho Burrito today to have some lunch and asked about the rewards program since it illustrated $1=10 points. The employee looks at me and says "You need to redeem about 8,000 points for a free burrito". I didn't really do the math until I got home and kinda paused, so basically I need to spend $800 to redeem a $10 burrito!

Either the employee made a mistake or I heard wrong. Went to the website and doesn't specify either. Anyone have any clue if this is the real deal? Seems like a ripoff if you ask me.
Would you expect any better from the master of bad fast food, MTY Group?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3693 posts
1532 upvotes
Scarborough
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: Would you expect any better from the master of bad fast food, MTY Group?
Not quite understanding your logic, Mucho Burrito offers a much higher quality food selections than most fast food joints. I just wanted a confirmation of their rewards program, not really looking to battle it out whether it's worth eating there or not based on quality of food. Perhaps you'd love to entertain that thought and I'd be more than happy to indulge but let me get some feedback on the original question before moving forward.

And yes, I have tried contacting them and emailing them and have gotten 0 replies. It's Friday so maybe Monday they will respond. Until then, I ask here.
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4314 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote: Not quite understanding your logic, Mucho Burrito offers a much higher quality food selections than most fast food joints.
I'd choose any of Fat Bastard Burrito, Burrito Boyz, Moe's Southwest Grill, or Chipotle over these MTY clowns.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
10665 posts
8999 upvotes
Mucho Burrito is so cheap.

Went today and got some toppings. They say 4 max (whatever lame but ok). But the lady put literally a dab of sauce on it. I told her that looks low and put a little more and she said it was an extra charge.

I legit was ready to walk out but i like the guy who runs the shop so i didnt but now they may have lost me as a customer cause of it.

I go to chipotle and they will throw on 2-3 scoops of beans and other stuff no charge. Barburrito same, will throw some extra stuff here and there.

Some of these joints are just cheap. I get they need to make their margins but if you saw the amount of sauce they put on you'd laugh and understand why I got so pissed.

Whatevs I used to treat myself every week to this, just eat at home.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
6082 posts
2158 upvotes
So you have to buy about 100 burritos to get 1 free? Comical if true
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6571 posts
3643 upvotes
Aurora
Lol. They should run another promo. First person on the planet to earn 5 free burritos gets...a free drink with the burrito.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12995 upvotes
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: Would you expect any better from the master of bad fast food, MTY Group?
I literally learned today that it was owned by MTY.

That explains SO much....

Seriously who uses Montreal Steak Spice in Mexican food?
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4314 upvotes
cc86 wrote: https://mtyrewards.ca/benefits/
They have a points calculator
8000 pts = $10
If you carry that rewards card in your wallet Gordon Ramsay should come by your house to tell you to your face YOU HAVE A PALATE LIKE A COW'S BACKSIDE.
MTY Rewards? I guess we all need an incentive to eat shit.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1556 posts
1865 upvotes
Scarborough
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: If you carry that rewards card in your wallet Gordon Ramsay should come by your house to tell you to your face YOU HAVE A PALATE LIKE A COW'S BACKSIDE.
MTY Rewards? I guess we all need an incentive to eat shit.
IT'S F'IN RAW!! WHERE'S THE F'IN LAMB SAUCE???
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4314 upvotes
Strafe1 wrote: IT'S F'IN RAW!! WHERE'S THE F'IN LAMB SAUCE???
MTY should rename itself Hell's Kitchen Nightmares Restaurant Group....
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4314 upvotes
Strafe1 wrote: SHUT IT DOWN!!
Yeah, I wish all of MTY would shut down... and they can take Recipe Unlimited (formerly Cara Operations), Microwave "burger" King, IRG and IRMG with it... all of them are garbage.
Jun 9, 2015
867 posts
803 upvotes
Toronto, ON
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: I'd choose any of Fat Bastard Burrito, Burrito Boyz, Moe's Southwest Grill, or Chipotle over these MTY clowns.
Do we have Moe's here?
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
2162 posts
1740 upvotes
I guess there really is a rewards program worse than Best Buy Rewards.
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4314 upvotes
Allen84 wrote: I guess there really is a rewards program worse than Best Buy Rewards.
Worse than a non-existent/cancelled program (in Canada)? Yeah, that's about right!
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4314 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: Remember Subway Sub Club from 20 years ago? Buy 8 cheap footlong subs for ~$5 each, get a free $7-8 foortlong. That's like 15-20% return. That was killer!

Go figure none of the Subways I went to used the numbered stickers like that - they just had a stamp pad. But looking at that, it sure looks like the current McCafe system with the stickers on the card.