• Apr 15th, 2021 11:01 am
Tags:
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15427 upvotes
Socially Distanced

Multi quoting

There seems to be a change in the software, in the past i could select multiple messages then click advanced to get them all quoted in one post, that no longer works.
It now says please fill out this field and if i add something then hit advanced quoted messages no longer show up.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
7 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
There was an update earlier this week which rolled out some small changes to the forum. I just tested this myself and you're right, something is broken with that method of multi-quoting. I'm submitting a bug ticket now and will share an update when I receive more information.

*edit*

You can still get multi-quote to work by selecting all the posts you want to quote, then clicking "Reply with quote" in the last post you selected.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15427 upvotes
Socially Distanced
TomRFD wrote: There was an update earlier this week which rolled out some small changes to the forum. I just tested this myself and you're right, something is broken with that method of multi-quoting. I'm submitting a bug ticket now and will share an update when I receive more information.
Thanks

I did notice the new save draft feature, i am curious if it only saves for a day or a week or if its there until its posted or deleted? Or another post is made?
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26763 posts
9333 upvotes
where I belong
TomRFD wrote: You can still get multi-quote to work by selecting all the posts you want to quote, then clicking "Reply with quote" in the last post you selected.
I ALWAYS do it this way

didn't notice the new update bug at all :P
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
Just sharing a quick update on this. It should be fixed starting tomorrow when we push out a new update to the site.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15427 upvotes
Socially Distanced
TomRFD wrote: Just sharing a quick update on this. It should be fixed starting tomorrow when we push out a new update to the site.
Thanks
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
TomRFD wrote: There was an update earlier this week which rolled out some small changes to the forum. I just tested this myself and you're right, something is broken with that method of multi-quoting. I'm submitting a bug ticket now and will share an update when I receive more information.

*edit*

You can still get multi-quote to work by selecting all the posts you want to quote, then clicking "Reply with quote" in the last post you selected.
jerryhung wrote: I ALWAYS do it this way

didn't notice the new update bug at all :P
This is my method as well...
That way after I have done all my selections & go to advanced I can check they showed up

Works ... proceed to input comments

Something missing ... hit CANCEL and start over / come back to it later
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15427 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Working now, thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)