Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Multiple

B2G1: CATAN, Spot It!, Timeline, Unlock!, 7 Wonders, Carcassonne and The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2021 4:04 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
2187 posts
2822 upvotes
I would also recommend everyone avoid 401games as they have gotten into price gouging for collectable card games
Mar 12, 2017
832 posts
798 upvotes
kevinyvr wrote: FWIW, 401 games seems to work with the 20th anniversary Carcassonne. With that, 7 Wonders, and Catan, I can get Catan free.
Oh, should have done that. The games were a bit cheaper on the other site. I went with 7 wonders duel instead. I rarely have 5 to 7 people at home anyway and it's fun to have some games to play just with my girlfriend. My kids are still a bit young.

The shipping was 10$ though. I always hate to "take a loss" with the shipping cost. I should have bought a 4th game.
Feb 19, 2020
293 posts
663 upvotes
Can recommend 7 wonders. I've been getting my roommates into it. Explaining all the finicky bits of the rules takes a while, but I don't have to re-explain game fundamentals too much after I've done it once. Good gateway game.

I'd also recommend getting sleeves with it. 7 Wonders has 157 cards. The sleeve size is 65x100mm.

If you're into it, you can even sleeve the wonder boards (110x250mm) though I don't think it's necessary
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2010
1005 posts
566 upvotes
GTA
leolozon wrote: Oh, should have done that. The games were a bit cheaper on the other site. I went with 7 wonders duel instead. I rarely have 5 to 7 people at home anyway and it's fun to have some games to play just with my girlfriend. My kids are still a bit young.

The shipping was 10$ though. I always hate to "take a loss" with the shipping cost. I should have bought a 4th game.
The 3 games was eligible for free shipping at 401games too.... Pensive Face

I did store pick up though so I can hopefully get Catan and 7 Wonders sooner because if it's shipping, then they won't ship all 3 until the preorder is ready.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
2187 posts
2822 upvotes
Just FYI, you can currently double dip at indigo.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
2187 posts
2822 upvotes
This was my total from indigo. Some of the math didn't make sense to me.

7 Wonders
7 WONDERS
Get it by Mon Jul 12, 2021
QTY: 2
$60.44
Thames & Kosmos EXIT: The Stormy Flight Escape Room Game
THAMES & KOSMOS EXIT: THE STORMY FLIGHT ESCAPE ROOM GAME
QTY: 1
$11.99
Thames & Kosmos EXIT: Theft on the Mississippi 1 to 4 Player Escape Room Game
THAMES & KOSMOS EXIT: THEFT ON THE MISSISSIPPI 1 TO 4 PLAYER ESCAPE ROOM GAME
$11.99
Thames & Kosmos EXIT: The Cemetery of the Knight 1 to 4 Player Escape Room Game
THAMES & KOSMOS EXIT: THE CEMETERY OF THE KNIGHT 1 TO 4 PLAYER ESCAPE ROOM GAME
$11.99
Catan: 25th Anniversary Edition Strategy Game
CATAN: 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION STRATEGY GAME
$47.50
Thames & Kosmos EXIT: The Enchanted Forest 1 to 4 Player Escape Room Game
THAMES & KOSMOS EXIT: THE ENCHANTED FOREST 1 TO 4 PLAYER ESCAPE ROOM GAME
$11.99
Thames & Kosmos The Crew 3 to 5 Player Strategy Card Game
THAMES & KOSMOS THE CREW 3 TO 5 PLAYER STRATEGY CARD GAME
$11.99
Trapped - The Carnival
TRAPPED - THE CARNIVAL
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
2187 posts
2822 upvotes
The price per unit went down when adding less expensive items

2 catans 109.99 + 1 7 wonders 69.99 = 62.56*2 + 39.81

While

1 catan + 2 7 wonders was 59.37 + 37.78*2

How does this make any sense? Am I bad at math and just don't understand?
Jun 3, 2017
300 posts
226 upvotes
Can someone recommend me some board games on this promo for an absolute beginner? (maybe played Monopoly a handful of times, that's it)
Sep 24, 2020
45 posts
59 upvotes
I got Carcassonne, Catan and the 5-6 player expansion for Catan for 90(with taxes) from Gameshack.
Was tempted with 7 Wonders but I need to slowly introduce my friends to simpler games before that.

Word of caution,
I previously got the Catan - Family edition and it has a fixed board.
Also, it is incompatible with the expansion packs.
Not recommended IMHO.
Feb 7, 2014
320 posts
269 upvotes
Kitchener
bk wrote: https://store.401games.ca/
https://www.woodforsheep.ca/blogs/woodf ... a-3rd-free
https://gameshack.ca/
Gameshack, 401 Games and Wood for Sheep have banners for it, only ones I've found online so far that mentions.

Don't see anything on Board Game Bliss. Also nothing mentioned on: FG Bradleys, Untouchable Sports Cards & Gaming, Playtime Toys, Kroeger Inc, Dolly's Toys, Hairy Tarantula, Toy Town, The Guildhouse, Toronto Darts, Sword & Board Toronto, Curiosa, A&C Games, Meeplemart, Silver Snail
is gameshack the cheapest to get the three base games, 7 wonders, Catan, Carcassone?
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
1689 posts
1539 upvotes
kinz186 wrote: Can someone recommend me some board games on this promo for an absolute beginner? (maybe played Monopoly a handful of times, that's it)
carcassone, 7 wonders and catan are the three gateway games

other things are more specialty items (unlock! = escape room, spot it = party reflex game, timeline = party trivia game, werewolves = the OG among us)
May 19, 2011
6 posts
1 upvote
MISSISSAUGA
A local small board game shop called Dicey Business I found that has the promotion as well. Seems they don't have it on the website and it's only in store.
Mar 6, 2006
220 posts
42 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I ordered from Gameshack.ca Based on my order after following their instructions, it didn't look like my Free game shipped.....
I'm saving money by finding more things to spend money on!
Aug 27, 2004
768 posts
198 upvotes
Cyberspace
kinz186 wrote: Can someone recommend me some board games on this promo for an absolute beginner? (maybe played Monopoly a handful of times, that's it)
johncraven wrote: carcassone, 7 wonders and catan are the three gateway games

other things are more specialty items (unlock! = escape room, spot it = party reflex game, timeline = party trivia game, werewolves = the OG among us)
+1 on Catan & Carcassone for newbs to board gaming
(I've yet to play 7 Wonders so cannot offer an opinion)
Aspiring Old Guy
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
2192 posts
3572 upvotes
Toronto
Catan, Carcassonne and 7 Wonders are widely considered GOAT gateway board games.

Personally, I like Catan but I don't play it too often anymore.
Carcassonne is something that me and my wife enjoy still. Tile laying is fun.
7 Wonders is the best of the 3 IMO, but you need at least 5 players for a good time. I play on board game arena often, but find it hard to actually play a physical game due to the player requirement. To me, the rules of 7 Wonders are quite straightforward and shouldn't take too long to explain. Catan may be even harder IMO.

7 Wonders duel is the 2 player stand alone version of 7 Wonders and is a bit different from the base game. I enjoy this game a lot and this game is also very highly rated among the board game community. It is ranked 17 of all time at BGG, well ahead of the 3 games above. Again, a game I play often on board game arena.
Sep 24, 2020
45 posts
59 upvotes
The gameshack email for my shipping/pickup notification did not have the free game in there either.
But they did pack it when I went for pickup.
Nov 24, 2019
39 posts
20 upvotes
Anyone own the Catan expansion packs? Are they worth it?

I just purchased the 25th Anniversary one and was wondering if I should get those as well. I noticed one has to purchase both the expansion pack and the 5-6 player extension pack separately which is quite expensive...
Jun 3, 2017
300 posts
226 upvotes
johncraven wrote: carcassone, 7 wonders and catan are the three gateway games

astrolad wrote: +1 on Catan & Carcassone for newbs to board gaming
(I've yet to play 7 Wonders so cannot offer an opinion)
jillaryit wrote: Catan, Carcassonne and 7 Wonders are widely considered GOAT gateway board games.

Personally, I like Catan but I don't play it too often anymore.
Carcassonne is something that me and my wife enjoy still. Tile laying is fun.
7 Wonders is the best of the 3 IMO, but you need at least 5 players for a good time. I play on board game arena often, but find it hard to actually play a physical game due to the player requirement. To me, the rules of 7 Wonders are quite straightforward and shouldn't take too long to explain. Catan may be even harder IMO.

7 Wonders duel is the 2 player stand alone version of 7 Wonders and is a bit different from the base game. I enjoy this game a lot and this game is also very highly rated among the board game community. It is ranked 17 of all time at BGG, well ahead of the 3 games above. Again, a game I play often on board game arena.
Thank you everyone. I was leaning towards Carcassone, and have heard good things about Catan though it seems overwhelming. Gonna pull the trigger on these, thank you!
Aug 1, 2011
371 posts
374 upvotes
Canada
Any recommendations for 2 player games from the promos?
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
2187 posts
2822 upvotes
MonsieurT wrote: Anyone own the Catan expansion packs? Are they worth it?

I just purchased the 25th Anniversary one and was wondering if I should get those as well. I noticed one has to purchase both the expansion pack and the 5-6 player extension pack separately which is quite expensive...
I think seafarers is pretty good without making things too complicated. People like the others ones better but they just make a simple game more complicated for no reason.

I'd recommend the base game or seafarers tbh.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)