Multiple call attempts from Telus whilst on Koodo QC plan

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2020 10:23 pm
[OP]
May 7, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote

Multiple call attempts from Telus whilst on Koodo QC plan

Hi guys, I'm scared because I noticed that I've gotten 3 calls this week from 1-888-811-2323, which is Telus. I didn't pick up any of them, and they didn't leave a voicemail. I am on the QC plan in BC, and I just paid off my tab the other day (I had an agreement from April 2019). I am scared that this somehow caused them to notice that I'm located in BC. I also moved the sim to a new phone, but I don't think that would cause them to notice me.

I was trying to move to Freedom anyways, hence why I paid off the tab, but Apple isn't restocking their phones at Freedom so I have to wait.

What should I do? Just ignore them? Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks guys.
5 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19485 posts
8962 upvotes
Oakville
If they're not leaving you a message, it can't be that important. I wouldn't be too concerned, particularly since you're planning on leaving any way. They can't change your plan on you without giving you 30 days notice per the Wireless Code (now that your tab is paid off), so unless you get notice from them, you should be fine. Worst case scenario? They do kick you off your plan, you either pay the higher amount for a month or two till Freedom gets restocked or you switch to a cheaper provider for the interim.
[OP]
May 7, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote
Thanks for the great reply wearysky. So far plan hasn't changed in self serve and they've only called once this week. Will keep an eye on it until I can port out. Thanks again! :) :)
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1858 posts
1024 upvotes
I just checked my call logs, that 1 800 number is just Telus marketing department.

Basically calling to offer you plan(s) w/ or w/o phone(s) type of deal.
Also offering stand alone data plan w/ tablet exchange for 2yrs terms.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
16038 posts
4870 upvotes
London
Koodo is calling all subs due to Covid - ie. How are you doing with the service?, can we help you with the cost? , do you need to resize your plan?, etc
They called me 2X before I picked up
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1749 posts
541 upvotes
Edmonton
I'm a Koodo customer and Telus likes to call me from time to time. The few times that I picked up, they were trying to get me to switch to Telus from Shaw. Sorry but having 150mbps max speed on DSL is gonna be a hard sell, even for those sales reps... One time even the Telus sales rep agreed that our 300mbps Shaw internet is probably gonna be better for things like gaming and hung up. Doesn't help that Telus still hasn't rolled out fibre on our street, and they've been delaying it year after year.

Sometimes Telus calls too often, like every day or every other day. I can't help but wonder what it was about but it's most likely Telus marketing.