• Aug 29th, 2021 11:04 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 2, 2021
181 posts
194 upvotes

Multiple MBNA cards on the same login

I have seen that this has been an ongoing and sometimes sporadic issue for some people.

I have an MBNA Amazon World card and it has always worked fine to login, on PC and app.

Got a Best Western for the bonus points, and when I tried to add it my MBNA online account i got an error. Tried to add on PC and app. I didnt want to start a new login because i had read that some people were told its impossible to merge login accounts after the fact.

Error message told me to try Live Chat, or call the number. Tried Live Chat and got an agent very quickly, but she knew right away she could not help me and told me to phone.

I called the next day and after a long wait the CSR looked into my account and found the issue right away. The personal info did not match on the accounts so they were not "Linked" according to MBNA.

So the hilarious part is the personal info discrepency. On my original Amazon account my phone # was in the Home field, and on the BW it was in the Mobile field. Same #. But according to them that was the issue.

CSR updated the info so the # was in Mobile for both, and sent it to their Tech department to link the accounts. Same CSR called me back 2 hours later and told me it was complete. I logged in to MBNA and added the BW card with no issues.

If you are having similar issues, call and ask them if the information on both accounts matches.
5 replies
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15530 posts
14042 upvotes
Going to the Moon
MBNA handling multiple cards on the same profile is basically a thing of the past. Since I now only have one keeper MBNA card and the rest are churners, I just create a new login per churn card. I also use email alias so I don't have to setup a bunch of email accounts.

My 2¢
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2008
1091 posts
1138 upvotes
I haven't had problems adding new cards to my profile myself. Last one was Amazon last October.
Mar 1, 2019
51 posts
39 upvotes
My oldest credit card was with CUETS that I had gotten through a credit union when I turned 18. Later I got an MBNA card and that was the only card I used. CUETS is gone now but that very first credit card is still open and is now an MBNA card according to my credit report. I've tried to add it to my MBNA account, but it never worked. I could never be bothered to contact support about it, but if I ever do I'd probably just ask them to close it instead of having it added to my MBNA login.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15530 posts
14042 upvotes
Going to the Moon
VerticalTab wrote: My oldest credit card was with CUETS that I had gotten through a credit union when I turned 18. Later I got an MBNA card and that was the only card I used. CUETS is gone now but that very first credit card is still open and is now an MBNA card according to my credit report. I've tried to add it to my MBNA account, but it never worked. I could never be bothered to contact support about it, but if I ever do I'd probably just ask them to close it instead of having it added to my MBNA login.
Have them merge the credit limit into your newer MBNA card.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2019
2687 posts
4373 upvotes
BC
With my last MBNA card I wasn't even able to create a new login for it. Had to call in and let an MBNA rep do it. He gave me a username based on a misspelling of my last name, lol. He also told me it was not possible to add the new card to my existing login but that my logins "might be automatically merged at some point", which never happened.

Anyway, for me MBNA cards are just churn material so who cares.