Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Multiple Retailer

PS5 Games and PS5 Camera on sale ($49.96 - $64.96) - Walmart, Best Buy, The Source, EB Games (Gamestop CA), Amazon

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2021 3:57 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8679 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Can't believe I'm going to turn 2 games I paid $20 each for at Walmart as part of that online clearance sale into a brand new PS5 game and actually have money left over lmfao.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4320 posts
4919 upvotes
Ottawa
networksend wrote: “Game of the year” is a stretch. “A lot of fun” it was not lol, it’s a grind
I didn’t enjoy it like I enjoy souls games
Probably because Dark Souls does checkpoints "better" and you're not punished as badly for dying. I don't find it a stretch though. It is so far the most impressive game this year in my book. The gunplay is so tight that I never minded having to grind for extra hours, even when you die to some bullshit (like the third biome).

The lows are low, but when you finally triumph over a biome or boss, the highs are so **** high. No Souls game ever given me the level of exhilaration that Returnal does.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1237 posts
415 upvotes
Batarang wrote: Game of the year so far. Your kids won't like it though. People are calling it "THE DARK SOULS of bullet hell games". It's a lot of fun, but you're going to die a lot and repeat your progress, hence why kids won't like it.
Sorry didn’t mean for the kids just meant with kids and their activities it’s hard to do 2-3 hr runs. Without save spots not sure if would have enough time. That’s what I love about demons souls remake can play for 30 mins at a time and grind it out.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4320 posts
4919 upvotes
Ottawa
inferno wrote: I would highly recommend Returnal, GOTY for me. Great haptics, Great audio - specially with headphones, and to me the gameplay is addicting.
Oh god, the HAPTICS in it are tremendous. Best showcase of haptics since Astro's Playroom. Though that was a little over the top. The haptics in Returnal are perfection, and the sound design is outstanding.

Returnal is to me a perfect game. I personally like the no checkpoints, but I understand that most people need them in order to feel incentivized to continue.
thetick wrote: Sorry didn’t mean for the kids just meant with kids and their activities it’s hard to do 2-3 hr runs. Without save spots not sure if would have enough time. That’s what I love about demons souls remake can play for 30 mins at a time and grind it out.
I see, then yeah. If you're only able to play games in short spurts, wait on Returnal. It won't be that enjoyable in super short spurts.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8663 upvotes
GTA
In for Sackboy, always good to find fun multiplayer games. We finished It Takes Two recently, that is also a pretty good one for playing with the SO.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2008
1263 posts
267 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
Do I need to play Last of Us Part 1 before I play Part 2, meaning does Part 2 really build off Part 1?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8679 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
DarkCanuck wrote: Do I need to play Last of Us Part 1 before I play Part 2, meaning does Part 2 really build off Part 1?
You could probably watch a plot summary or cut scene compilation for Part 1 and be fine going into Part 2.

You won't have any connection to the returning characters though.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8679 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
EmpressLisaSu wrote: I like your title, putting in Gamestop CA.
I mean we'll have to stop calling it EB Games at some point I guess Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2010
1361 posts
1300 upvotes
Toronto
What's in store for the PS5 Camera? Anything related to VR? I'm not into streaming. Last gen I bought the cam for PS4 and it was rarely used.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
3458 posts
3341 upvotes
DarkCanuck wrote: Do I need to play Last of Us Part 1 before I play Part 2, meaning does Part 2 really build off Part 1?
You should play part 1. It's a great game. I played part 1 and just bought part 2. I was looking for a sale to play it. It's only about 10 hours long I believe and didn't think $50 was worth it.
Aug 13, 2009
164 posts
49 upvotes
Im hoping shoppers has these prices soon for 20x action.
Oct 28, 2005
418 posts
145 upvotes
The best part of this series is the character development and how attached you become to them. If that interests you, then I would say it is 100% required to play the first one, it was GOTY for a reason. Play the remastered version of course.

You can start with the TLoU2 but it won't hit you nearly as hard in my opinion. Depends on what you like in games I guess. First one is brilliant regardless and worth a playthrough. It's not that long.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8679 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Tactical wrote: What's in store for the PS5 Camera? Anything related to VR? I'm not into streaming. Last gen I bought the cam for PS4 and it was rarely used.
It's basically solely used for streaming, can't be used with PS VR.

Logically I would assume that once the next iteration of PS VR comes out for the PS5 that it'll have more used, but yeah.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8679 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
camby wrote: Im hoping shoppers has these prices soon for 20x action.
They aren't in this week's flyer so I'm going to hazard a guess they won't be.

Although Best Buy appears to be running this as a 2, one-week sales (their end date is August 12th currently while EB's says August 19th) so I guess we won't know for sure until next Wednesday.
Feb 22, 2020
19 posts
6 upvotes
Canada
Launch edition had bonus skins etc
Nov 19, 2005
551 posts
808 upvotes
Toronto
chemicalxv wrote: It's basically solely used for streaming, can't be used with PS VR.

Logically I would assume that once the next iteration of PS VR comes out for the PS5 that it'll have more used, but yeah.
PSVR2 has eye-tracking built into the headset and finger-tracking in the controllers, so it's very unlikely to need the camera like the current PSVR.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1500 posts
2329 upvotes
anotherbargainhunter wrote: What other PS5 games parents buy for 10 years old?
I would definitely pick up Spiderman Miles Morales Ultimate so you get the remastered Spiderman 2018 as well. Then I would also pick up Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, and maybe Sackboy: A Big Adventure if you have the funds. Your kids will get Astros Playroom free with their PS5 so that's a solid 4 hours of platforming. Those are all games that are amazing to play for 10 or below.
Jan 17, 2017
341 posts
392 upvotes
The only reason I refuse to play TLOU2 is because I played (and enjoyed) TLOU1. That's all I'm going to say regarding the subject, and yes I watched a play through of the first 3 hours of TLOU2 and refused to buy it after that. Vote with your wallet.