(No more Student Discount) Samsung S95B QD-OLED 55" $1899 65" $2499.00

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Multiple Retailers
With SPC, price drop even less!

Current best deal now is to use SPC or any education program in Samsung website

55" for $1400 or 65" for $1950

Or you can use this studentbeans link without needing to login first https://www.studentbeans.com/referer/samsung-ca

Below is the regular sale without student discount

Samsung had fixed their education page and removed TVs so,we are back to regular sale

Samsung
Bestbuy
Amazon
Visions

Here is rting review. It lacks of Dolby Vision and could be a deal breaker for some people, but not me Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

My apartment has lots of windows and I have been wanting to have OLED TV. I have been eyeing C1 but I need brighter TV. I pulled a trigger on 65" S95B and now i can watch TV during daylight with no problems.

Also there is offer free 3 months Apple TV+ for new subscription
https://www.samsung.com/ca/offer/applet ... scription/
Last edited by pocq on Nov 26th, 2022 8:37 pm, edited 12 times in total.
237 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2003
1137 posts
410 upvotes
Toronto
Did not expect QD-OLEDs to hit this price so soon. Sale or not.

The 65” QN90A was stuck above $3000 for a while.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17828 posts
10393 upvotes
Ottawa
that's an awesome price....within spitting range of the C1 that many people bought. If you want the best picture quality, this TV is definitely a step up.

The pressure is now on LG......competition is good.
Last edited by warpdrive on Sep 30th, 2022 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
10280 posts
3783 upvotes
Great TV, however Samsung still does not want to support Dolby Vision. I know many would say HDR10+ is just as good, but......
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Apr 23, 2015
396 posts
450 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
warpdrive wrote: that's an awesome price....within spitting range of the C1 that many people bought. If you want the best picture quality, this TV is definitely a step up.

The pressure is now on LG......competition is good.
It's like $799 more so not really. I was interested in this TV but seeing that they reduced the top brightness value, it's main appeal over the C2 no longer really esists, and it lacks Dolby Vision and is more expensive. So I think the C2 is the better buy at this price.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17828 posts
10393 upvotes
Ottawa
flowerdealer wrote: It's like $799 more so not really. I was interested in this TV but seeing that they reduced the top brightness value, it's main appeal over the C2 no longer really esists, and it lacks Dolby Vision and is more expensive. So I think the C2 is the better buy at this price.
hmm, didn't know they reduced the brightness. $799 is definitely still a lot more, but the color rendition of the TV is something that LG can't match.
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Nov 16, 2018
96 posts
120 upvotes
Lack of Dolby Vision prevents this from being hot IMO
Oct 14, 2014
973 posts
1140 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Weendude wrote: Lack of Dolby Vision prevents this from being hot IMO
I keep thinking that too, but I am often not impressed with Dolby Vision. The highlights often look overexposed and somehow soft.
Apr 23, 2015
396 posts
450 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
I agree that it looks gorgeous. But even now, this TV is like $400 more than the C2 (with the latest discounts coming), and if you go to the owner forums it has tons of problems (it being a first generation product), a d longevity is still in question. I agree with you, in person the TV looks stunning, but not that much better than a C2.
Nov 16, 2018
96 posts
120 upvotes
lefroset wrote: I keep thinking that too, but I am often not impressed with Dolby Vision. The highlights often look overexposed and somehow soft.
Still seems dumb to spend over 2k on a TV without it if you watch movies.
Mar 3, 2018
634 posts
504 upvotes
Weendude wrote: Still seems dumb to spend over 2k on a TV without it if you watch movies.
I used to own an S95B and the lack of DV isn’t as big a downside as you might think. HDR10 still looks great and now that filmmaker mode is fixed, it’s actually quite an accurate set for movies.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s silly for Samsung to cling to HDR 10+ at this point and I ended up going with an LG in the end but the lack of DV alone shouldn’t be a dealbreaker.
Jun 4, 2012
997 posts
509 upvotes
Calgary
I have a 65 inch S95B and a few LG Oled tvs. The picture is fantastic and even with the brightness reduction, it's still plenty bright.

I bought mine out of the USA 2 months ago and brought it in myself for about $500 cheaper than this price all in with tax. Purchased a 4 year squaretrade warranty on top which actually covers you in Canada. (I've been paid out on a defective TV in the past).
Jan 26, 2015
79 posts
120 upvotes
Milton
dafloof wrote: I have a 65 inch S95B and a few LG Oled tvs. The picture is fantastic and even with the brightness reduction, it's still plenty bright.

I bought mine out of the USA 2 months ago and brought it in myself for about $500 cheaper than this price all in with tax. Purchased a 4 year squaretrade warranty on top which actually covers you in Canada. (I've been paid out on a defective TV in the past).
Where abouts did you buy the s95b? Im thinking of doing the same
Jun 4, 2012
997 posts
509 upvotes
Calgary
PatriqueM416 wrote: Where abouts did you buy the s95b? Im thinking of doing the same
Direct from Samsung.com. if you have access to EPP discounts, it's currently $1399.99 USD for the 65 inch.

I paid a bit more but still a fantastic deal.
Feb 21, 2017
16 posts
19 upvotes
FWIW. Visions has various employee purchase plans available with discounts offered. For me that was Winnipeg Regional Health Authority STAR program.

Called and was able to nab a 65" with delivery from local store included for $2520 plus tax. Was considering an C1 or A80J, but for this price I'll bite and try the Samsung. Upgrade TVs so infrequently I'm willing to try the bleeding edge.
Jun 4, 2012
997 posts
509 upvotes
Calgary
tasertester wrote: FWIW. Visions has various employee purchase plans available with discounts offered. For me that was Winnipeg Regional Health Authority STAR program.

Called and was able to nab a 65" with delivery from local store included for $2520 plus tax. Was considering an C1 or A80J, but for this price I'll bite and try the Samsung. Upgrade TVs so infrequently I'm willing to try the bleeding edge.
Good deal
Feb 21, 2017
16 posts
19 upvotes
dafloof wrote: Direct from Samsung.com. if you have access to EPP discounts, it's currently $1399.99 USD for the 65 inch.

I paid a bit more but still a fantastic deal.
What do you need to be able to make an EPP account with them
Jun 4, 2012
997 posts
509 upvotes
Calgary
tasertester wrote: What do you need to be able to make an EPP account with them
I have a perksatwork.com account from years ago that gives me access to the EPP discount. Not sure if anyone can sign up but worth a shot.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)