Scammers and Warnings

[->MUST READ!!<-] HUGE UPDATE!! SCAMMER ALERT: NightStrlker & Heartless08 WITH PIC

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2010 7:28 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 14, 2006
1870 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
JAC wrote: aznfrazer has used Howard, but I can't prove they're the same guy. You'd have to ask a mod for an IP check.

AHA! because, another RFDer has a thread up about aznfrazer [thread here] and he used the name Jake and the way he talks and the location all tie in. I will contact nsx.

aznfrazer and NightStrlker have both used the names "Jake" and "Howard"...and both scammed someone...

interesting...

Thanks JAC

Edit: This is from the other scammer thread on aznfrazer
Originally Posted by aznfrazer
Weird. It should be a magic 3.1 modchip. The person who modded it for me is located at Chinatown Centre in Toronto. Currently I live in Markham but I come downtown to do my studies. Currently I am unavailable. Just go to Chinatown centre and visit the guy and tell him the mod does not work. He will definitely fix the problem.

Cheers.
Jake.
Jake...lol

And according to JAC's posted quote, he uses "Howard" too. He used Jake on me (and Erik/Eric his real name through JAC's findings) on RFD and he went by the name of Howard though MSN (evident also in his email address).

His MSN name (before he blocked me): - Howard - Procrastinating* Seeking Hope, Love, and Success

What do you guys think? Please advise.
SCAMMER THREADS SCAMMER GOT PWNED
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 16, 2001
15648 posts
2272 upvotes
djoutcry wrote: What do you guys think? Please advise.
I'd say stop by 350 Seneca Hill Dr and see if there's a Zhiyu Weng listed on the directory. Probably his dad, but bring the kid's picture and let him know what his son has been up to. Who knows? Maybe the little peckerhead will even answer the door.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s ... 12,,1,1.78
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 2, 2007
1284 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto
out of curiosity, what was the original deal? was it PSP and laptop straight trade? or was it PSP + cash for the laptop?

interesting how he totally came up with the 70 dollar idea...
Banned
Aug 28, 2005
4338 posts
35 upvotes
Hamilton
heymanwuzup wrote: out of curiosity, what was the original deal? was it PSP and laptop straight trade? or was it PSP + cash for the laptop?

interesting how he totally came up with the 70 dollar idea...
Djoutcry originally wanted either a Wii or money equal to the cost of a Wii ( $270-300). But Jake offered him a PSP(value $200 or less). Djoutcry said he would only trade for a PSP if he can trade that for a Wii. So Jaked pretended to be another guy by the name of Erik with a Wii willing to trade for a PSP. Jake did this in order to scam djoutcry out of the laptop deal, by making him think he could trade the PSP for a Wii. When really, the guy (Erik) was actually Jake, and had no intentions of trading a Wii for a PSP. So if djoutcry went through with the deal, he would have been stuck with a PSP and no wii.

Once djoutcry figured all this out. He requested that the deal be changed considering a Wii was no longer up for option. He requested that Jake pay him $100 in addition to the PSP. After even more lies, Jake finally agreed to $70 + the PSP. Which I still find to be a killer deal,(if a PSP is what Im thinking it is)for a Laptop.

Although a trade was made. You can clearly see the scam Jake was trying to make. He wanted djoutcry to believe he would be getting a Wii in exchange for the PSP that he was getting for his laptop. When really, he was not going to get teh Wii at all. Erik/Jake being the same person, he could have just traded a Wii right off the bat. But he was trying to scam djoutcry out of roughly $70.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 12, 2007
3607 posts
136 upvotes
GTA
In a way, djontcry scammed Jake as well. It was originally a trade PSP for his laptop. Asking him for 70$ AND his PSP for your laptop was not worth it and you know it.

It doesn't matter if you were looking for a Wii and he was both the PSP and the Wii seller. YOUR laptop does not worth anything as you said and i think so too.

You could have easily settle the deal with PSP trade for your laptop, but NO you want more out of it since you think HE wasted your time. Actually YOU are the one wasting time because you KNEW he was "trying" to scam you. But in the end you're the one that scammed him.

Just my opinion.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 14, 2006
1870 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
elton5354 wrote: In a way, djontcry scammed Jake as well. It was originally a trade PSP for his laptop. Asking him for 70$ AND his PSP for your laptop was not worth it and you know it.

It doesn't matter if you were looking for a Wii and he was both the PSP and the Wii seller. YOUR laptop does not worth anything as you said and i think so too.

You could have easily settle the deal with PSP trade for your laptop, but NO you want more out of it since you think HE wasted your time. Actually YOU are the one wasting time because you KNEW he was "trying" to scam you. But in the end you're the one that scammed him.

Just my opinion.
I said it's of 0 value to ME. Not 0 value period! Nothing has 0 value. I use my macbook pro so I wouldn't have the need to use this laptop. Meaning its of no value to me but some value to him or anyone looking for a working laptop.

Edit: Read Above Post/Below Post
SCAMMER THREADS SCAMMER GOT PWNED
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 14, 2006
1870 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
FlintBlade wrote: Djoutcry originally wanted either a Wii or money equal to the cost of a Wii ( $270-300). But Jake offered him a PSP(value $200 or less). Djoutcry said he would only trade for a PSP if he can trade that for a Wii. So Jaked pretended to be another guy by the name of Erik with a Wii willing to trade for a PSP. Jake did this in order to scam djoutcry out of the laptop deal, by making him think he could trade the PSP for a Wii. When really, the guy (Erik) was actually Jake, and had no intentions of trading a Wii for a PSP. So if djoutcry went through with the deal, he would have been stuck with a PSP and no wii.

Once djoutcry figured all this out. He requested that the deal be changed considering a Wii was no longer up for option. He requested that Jake pay him $100 in addition to the PSP. After even more lies, Jake finally agreed to $70 + the PSP. Which I still find to be a killer deal,(if a PSP is what Im thinking it is)for a Laptop.

Although a trade was made. You can clearly see the scam Jake was trying to make. He wanted djoutcry to believe he would be getting a Wii in exchange for the PSP that he was getting for his laptop. When really, he was not going to get teh Wii at all. Erik/Jake being the same person, he could have just traded a Wii right off the bat. But he was trying to scam djoutcry out of roughly $70.
Thank You. A modded wii is around $250 with accessories, which is what "Erik/Jake" was trying to trade me.
SCAMMER THREADS SCAMMER GOT PWNED
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2006
1817 posts
14 upvotes
hmm..so that guy contacted this dude with several aliases in order to get his laptop by making him hope he'd get what he wanted when meeting with another 'trader' afterward?
ALWAYS CHECK HEAT BEFORE MAKING A DEAL. YOU DONT WANT SOME LOW LIFE SCUM BAG TAKING YOUR CASHO :)
>>Latest Bad Trader : MarcusFoX
WTB/FT/FS<<<<< problem/bad traders :MarcusFoX, nookuwn, mc hammer , Lil Big Mec , mikescool , askimo , , Traian2003 , supers-box390 , hopkins
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 14, 2006
1870 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
_dangtx_ wrote: hmm..so that guy contacted this dude with several aliases in order to get his laptop by making him hope he'd get what he wanted when meeting with another 'trader' afterward?
Yep. Pretty much.
SCAMMER THREADS SCAMMER GOT PWNED
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2006
1817 posts
14 upvotes
ok.question is, how many fake traders are on here? congrats to adding him to your siggie. helps more than you think. :)
ALWAYS CHECK HEAT BEFORE MAKING A DEAL. YOU DONT WANT SOME LOW LIFE SCUM BAG TAKING YOUR CASHO :)
>>Latest Bad Trader : MarcusFoX
WTB/FT/FS<<<<< problem/bad traders :MarcusFoX, nookuwn, mc hammer , Lil Big Mec , mikescool , askimo , , Traian2003 , supers-box390 , hopkins
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 14, 2006
1870 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
I have a funny feeling that member "aznfrazer" is also him...

I'm waiting on nsx with an IP check.
SCAMMER THREADS SCAMMER GOT PWNED
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2006
1817 posts
14 upvotes
djoutcry wrote: I have a funny feeling that member "aznfrazer" is also him...

I'm waiting on nsx with an IP check.
thing is the fudder could log in from home, school,cafe..etc.. :)
ALWAYS CHECK HEAT BEFORE MAKING A DEAL. YOU DONT WANT SOME LOW LIFE SCUM BAG TAKING YOUR CASHO :)
>>Latest Bad Trader : MarcusFoX
WTB/FT/FS<<<<< problem/bad traders :MarcusFoX, nookuwn, mc hammer , Lil Big Mec , mikescool , askimo , , Traian2003 , supers-box390 , hopkins
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 14, 2006
1870 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
_dangtx_ wrote: thing is the fudder could log in from home, school,cafe..etc.. :)
I'm going by the assumption that most of the activity is done from home
SCAMMER THREADS SCAMMER GOT PWNED
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2006
1817 posts
14 upvotes
hmmm...bastuges. could never stand two (or more) faced individuals.

whats the record in here for aliases? anyone keeping track? some may give themselves positives for bogus sales to cover up negatives or build feedback...or ask someone to...makes me sick.
ALWAYS CHECK HEAT BEFORE MAKING A DEAL. YOU DONT WANT SOME LOW LIFE SCUM BAG TAKING YOUR CASHO :)
>>Latest Bad Trader : MarcusFoX
WTB/FT/FS<<<<< problem/bad traders :MarcusFoX, nookuwn, mc hammer , Lil Big Mec , mikescool , askimo , , Traian2003 , supers-box390 , hopkins
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 14, 2006
1870 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
_dangtx_ wrote: some may give themselves positives for bogus sales to cover up negatives or build feedback...or ask someone to...makes me sick.
Quite true. I've often thought about that as well.
SCAMMER THREADS SCAMMER GOT PWNED
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2006
1817 posts
14 upvotes
easy to spot positives from 0-3 feedback accounts(often new or regged a while ago and not much activity)...other ones are a tad more complicated to spot.
ALWAYS CHECK HEAT BEFORE MAKING A DEAL. YOU DONT WANT SOME LOW LIFE SCUM BAG TAKING YOUR CASHO :)
>>Latest Bad Trader : MarcusFoX
WTB/FT/FS<<<<< problem/bad traders :MarcusFoX, nookuwn, mc hammer , Lil Big Mec , mikescool , askimo , , Traian2003 , supers-box390 , hopkins
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 14, 2005
18176 posts
345 upvotes
Richmond
NightStrlker = Heartless08 = aznfrazer = rocketfish upon investigation (with the helpful lead provided by the OP & JAC).
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2006
1817 posts
14 upvotes
wow, isnt that something?
ALWAYS CHECK HEAT BEFORE MAKING A DEAL. YOU DONT WANT SOME LOW LIFE SCUM BAG TAKING YOUR CASHO :)
>>Latest Bad Trader : MarcusFoX
WTB/FT/FS<<<<< problem/bad traders :MarcusFoX, nookuwn, mc hammer , Lil Big Mec , mikescool , askimo , , Traian2003 , supers-box390 , hopkins
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 14, 2006
1870 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
nsx wrote: NightStrlker = Heartless08 = aznfrazer = rocketfish upon investigation (with the helpful lead provided by the OP & JAC).
4 users down the hole

Thanks for everyone that supported my actions and provided their opinions and feedback
_dangtx_ wrote: wow, isnt that something?
Yeah lol. I'm glad I caught him and taught him a lesson. Some members thought that what I did was stupid and that I wasted HIS time and that I scammed him. But because of my actions, JAC and nsx's help and reading up stories from another member on aznfrazer, we nailed this sucker.

Once again, thanks JAC, nsx, and all the other members.

Let's continue trading on BST and remember scammer threads do work.
SCAMMER THREADS SCAMMER GOT PWNED

Top