Scammers and Warnings

[->MUST READ!!<-] HUGE UPDATE!! SCAMMER ALERT: NightStrlker & Heartless08 WITH PIC

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2010 7:28 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 17, 2008
854 posts
346 upvotes
Markham, ON
djoutcry wrote: I said "We're not leaving till I get $5."
Not trying to defend the little punk, but be careful next time cause you were borderline with false imprisonment. But good job catching the guy.
eBay Profile: squash252
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2004
1005 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
LOl that was pure diablo 2 trade scam tactics.
i5 2500k - 8GB corsair vengeance - Gigabyte z68a - 90gig corsair force gt - 640gb WD Black - gtx560 ti soc - Coolermaster EVO 212 - 600w Seasonic

heat under sparco
Feb 18, 2009
350 posts
2 upvotes
Lol.

Did you guys really sit down on a bench in silence for an hour till he came clean. :lol:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1870 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
OwedALife wrote: Lol.

Did you guys really sit down on a bench in silence for an hour till he came clean. :lol:
We were in the lounge area at Ryerson University. It was mostly me giving him many opportunities to come clean. And basically how everything is fishy and that I'm NOT going to trade until I hear from the Wii guy. While he kept saying "c'mon I need to go home. This is a good enough deal" etc. lol
SCAMMER THREADS SCAMMER GOT PWNED
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
3358 posts
69 upvotes
djoutcry wrote: We were in the lounge area at Ryerson University. It was mostly me giving him many opportunities to come clean. And basically how everything is fishy and that I'm NOT going to trade until I hear from the Wii guy. While he kept saying "c'mon I need to go home. This is a good enough deal" etc. lol
Lol wow! OP or Scammer. I would have just walked away from the deal after sitting there for 30mins doing nothing.

Kid is obviously dumb and got exposed by leaving breadcrumbs all over his PM's.

Normal dealer would have said "screw this I am going home, u can wait for your friend to come with the wii then let me know when u want to do the deal".

Props. to OP for having the patience
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1870 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Hehe thanks. Well, if I left we wouldn't have much proof to bust him. It would all be just speculation. Plus, I wanted to see him admit to how stupid he was. I like making people feel stupid :o
Banned
Apr 9, 2008
345 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Only thing is what will stop this fool from creating more users and scamming other people.. Chances are that despite getting brutally owned and humiliated, this little kid won't learn his lesson and continue to create user after user after user and as long as he has an anonymizing proxy, his IP address will remain dynamic.

I was surprised that the psp is actually in full working order.. I've seen scam threads for aznfrazer before (see a few threads down), and the items that he provides are not as described (I.e. Not modded).

Any problems with it so far djout?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1870 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
CrimsonGuardian wrote: Only thing is what will stop this fool from creating more users and scamming other people.. Chances are that despite getting brutally owned and humiliated, this little kid won't learn his lesson and continue to create user after user after user and as long as he has an anonymizing proxy, his IP address will remain dynamic.

I was surprised that the psp is actually in full working order.. I've seen scam threads for aznfrazer before (see a few threads down), and the items that he provides are not as described (I.e. Not modded).

Any problems with it so far djout?
The psp is in surprisingly great shape. And yeah it's modded. It's a shame he actually got the lower part of the deal in the end because:

I purchased that laptop for $130.
Bad battery.
Doesn't hold a charge.
Thought I could change the battery and sell it for $200 as working order.
Used it for a year.
Value: $200 maybe

The PSP I sold on eBay for $176CAD (expected $120-130)
PLUS he gave me $70
Value: $246

LOL?
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2006
1817 posts
14 upvotes
thanks for the update. makes a bit more sense vs reading thru all the posts :)
ALWAYS CHECK HEAT BEFORE MAKING A DEAL. YOU DONT WANT SOME LOW LIFE SCUM BAG TAKING YOUR CASHO :)
>>Latest Bad Trader : MarcusFoX
WTB/FT/FS<<<<< problem/bad traders :MarcusFoX, nookuwn, mc hammer , Lil Big Mec , mikescool , askimo , , Traian2003 , supers-box390 , hopkins
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2006
1274 posts
33 upvotes
lmao dont waste your time like this man you wont get much back in return anyway :lol:
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2005
1386 posts
7 upvotes
ha ha ha I am actually laughing great work! Honestly where do people get off thinking they can pull stunts like this? I'm not saying it can't be done, but for a few $$ pathetic.
Mar 2, 2009
275 posts
Toronto
Seriously though.

Trying to scam for a few bucks is just pathetic.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
1276 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver
Pretty funny. Glad you did it just for the sake of having a good story to post! :twisted:
Sep 15, 2007
559 posts
61 upvotes
Out of curiosity what were the laptop specs. A Laptop for Psp is a steal. I would trade my psp + $70 for a laptop anyday
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1870 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Gebraroest wrote: Out of curiosity what were the laptop specs. A Laptop for Psp is a steal. I would trade my psp + $70 for a laptop anyday
It was a Toshiba satellite M40X with a bad battery (doesn't hold a charge) 60Gb HDD...IOW: specs suck ass, can't run vista/7
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2006
2016 posts
6 upvotes
Home
djoutcry wrote: How so?

He tried to scam me. I did change the deal knowing that this ended up being a scam all along. I gave him the opportunity to walk away. He didn't because he wanted the laptop. :confused: And for the $5, it's for the bus fare. He wasted my bus fare and time. All I wanted was my bus fare and that's it. We both walk away. But he really wanted the laptop and HE came up with the $70 idea. Mutual agreement in the end.

The time we spent from when I busted him till the $5 idea was just him saying "cmon psp is modded take it and give the laptop"
How did he "try to scam you" When you went ahead with the deal?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7463 posts
468 upvotes
Toronto
bit harsh to threaten him with 2 of yr buddies for $70 on top of the psp, When the original deal was really only the psp
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1058 posts
50 upvotes
London ON
jvaf wrote: How did he "try to scam you" When you went ahead with the deal?
night strlker offered a psp
OP puts ad up to trade psp for wii
then heartless08 (erik) offered a wii to trade for psp
heartless08 agrees to meets at scarborough town center
night strlker urges op to go downtown
heartless also says go downtown instead of scarborough
then heartless08 says his name is jake
and heartless08 says 'i can deliver psp' but heartless was supposed to bring wii

op's journey downtown takes 1.5 hours both ways and hes been there from 430pm and got home at 1130pm

wouldn't you want to be compensated for someone wasting almost an entire day? for something so stupid as well?
Aug 5, 2007
171 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Moral of the story : DJOUTCRY IZ TEH INTERWEBZ GODDZZZZ

lol jk but ya I think it was fair. If you really think that dj went "out of bounds" for the 70 bucks seriously, put yourself in his shoes. Imagine if he did get scammed, he wouldve been screwed by having a psp in which most peoply wouldnt trade for a wii (or want to trade that is). That definetly right there would piss a crapload of people off if that happened to them. On top of that, dj was STILL being nice by just asking for fare money and yet heartless or w/e still didnt comply. So 1) heartless had the intention of fcuking over dj 2) dj was nice enough not to get physical with his buddies and just ask for fare money. Man I think dj was way too nice with him, I know more than enough people who would just beat the **** outta the kid and left. I think DJ was fair and just. +1 for ya dj! you got my vote here!