• Jan 24th, 2018 11:26 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12294 posts
1171 upvotes
Brampton

My 600lb Life

Anyone watch this show on tlc? Its pretty surprising to see how large some people can get from eating food. They should be shopping at Costco because everything is sold in large quantities and these people would make full use of the bulk quantities sold.

Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5856 posts
2519 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1568 posts
197 upvotes
Markham, ON
I take comfort that they want to lose some of that 600 lbs. It is a start. Once they lose that, the lady in the second video may realize how unhealthy her thinking was. During taping of the second video she is too deep into her 600 lbs to realize most of her problem.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5685 posts
1868 upvotes
Space
I feel bad for these people. To get to that point, there’s something seriously wrong with these people. Mental, physical or both.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6662 posts
3719 upvotes
Aurora
Solsearchin1 wrote: I feel bad for these people. To get to that point, there’s something seriously wrong with these people. Mental, physical or both.
I feel bad for them, too. Though it's kind of like a horrific car crash that you can't tear your eyes away from. I say it's absolutely both mental and physical defect. Just any one problem and the checks and balances of the other working parts of a human would prevent the body from ever getting even close to that state. I could vow to stay in bed and eat all the heart attack food I possibly can but I guarantee I can never reach the condition of those people - my mind would eventually shut itself down to more food, or I'll start throwing up, or it'll start coming out uncontrollably from the other end, etc... These people are trapped in the tradgedy of having both a mental defect in the form of an addiction, combined with a physical defect in which the body takes and stores just anything and everthing pumped into it with no operational emergency exhaust valve.
Aug 20, 2009
8251 posts
3192 upvotes
Grimsby
My girlfriend made me suffer through a season of this once as an attempt to get me into reality TV, I refused to watch it ever again.

Horribly depressing, you feel a combination of sympathy, revulsion and frustration. These people are always enabled by someone else and none of them ever seem to escape their fate. Most of them don't even try.