• Nov 10th, 2008 11:23 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1119 posts
35 upvotes

My computer wont load one website help

Well I can load any webpage but one (www.abcbodybuilding.com). Ive tried 3 different browsers (FF, IE, and Opera). Whenever I try to open the page it just sits there loading all day. I am the only one who cannot get on the website, other people on the forums are not having this problem. I had my friend try it on his computer and it didnt work for him either.
18 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1119 posts
35 upvotes
darius_m5 wrote: Works for me.
Yes, I know it works for some other people, as everyone else on the forums have reported no problems. Any ideas why I cant load it?
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2007
1037 posts
349 upvotes
Pickering
Open a command prompt and type in,

tracert www.abcbodybuilding.com

if that doesn't work use the IP address instead (69.80.247.251). Then copy and paste the results back here.
Oct 15, 2008
27 posts
hmm ok thats all you needed to but i posted that before your last one heh, if you can tracert it, it wouldnt be a dns problem.

this isnt really a fix, but if you need to look at the site try somthign like this

goto http://www.hidemyass.com/ or a site like it , there are tons of em

type in the adress in the bar and see if the site loads then
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1119 posts
35 upvotes
kayman18 wrote: hmm ok thats all you needed to but i posted that before your last one heh, if you can tracert it, it wouldnt be a dns problem.

this isnt really a fix, but if you need to look at the site try somthign like this

goto http://www.hidemyass.com/ or a site like it , there are tons of em

type in the adress in the bar and see if the site loads then
The site loads using hidemyass but I cant click on anything. And it only shows the names of links and the banner nothing else.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1119 posts
35 upvotes
My addiction of this site needs a fix lol anyone know what I oculd do to fix this problem?
Dec 24, 2002
277 posts
did you upgrade/install anything lately? (:

you may need to edit your hosts file located in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc , which you can open/edit in notepad.

i'd suggest you create a backup of the hosts file prior to any changes, just incase things explodes.

just add a line with the following info:
69.80.247.251 www.abcbodybuilding.com

save the hosts file and give it a quick reboot, see if the site loads after

if you are unsure how to edit hosts file, google for background info, as always research before attempting anything like this, good luck!

also, did you try entering 69.80.247.251 in your browser address bar, to see if the page loads ?
Aug 22, 2006
821 posts
1 upvote
London
Have you tried clearing out your cookies?
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
4384 posts
480 upvotes
when you mentioned that it does not work for your friend...is it while he's on your network or in his own house?

have you compared what's installed on your friends computer vs. what's installed on yours to see what some similarities are?

format? :P jk...sort of... :)

what operating system are you running?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1119 posts
35 upvotes
ipxxx wrote: when you mentioned that it does not work for your friend...is it while he's on your network or in his own house?

have you compared what's installed on your friends computer vs. what's installed on yours to see what some similarities are?

format? :P jk...sort of... :)

what operating system are you running?
Well heres a little update, it worked fine today until like 6pm and stopped working again... I havent changed a single thing.

Im running Windows XP
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1119 posts
35 upvotes
Heres another little update, its not working at all again lol
May 20, 2006
602 posts
2 upvotes
Markham
FreeSpinnz wrote: Day 11 :(
Maybe your IP has been banned from the site?
I once came across some PHP code which would ban IP's that spammed.

Otherwise try this:

Code: Select all

ipconfig /release
netsh int ip reset C:\Windows\TEMP\IPRESETLOG.txt
arp -d
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1119 posts
35 upvotes
darius_m5 wrote: Maybe your IP has been banned from the site?
I once came across some PHP code which would ban IP's that spammed.

Otherwise try this:

Code: Select all

ipconfig /release
netsh int ip reset C:\Windows\TEMP\IPRESETLOG.txt
arp -d
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew
Im pretty sure Im not banned as Ive talked to the guy who runs the site, to see whats up, and he said everything is fine. Also my friend down the street says the website just times out for him, I was thinking it could be the internet provider (Cogeco)??? But Ive got on it once or twice and when I shut down and come back it will have stopped working.

As for those codes I did that and nothing...