Entertainment

My Dinner with Herve (Villachaize HBO biopic starring Peter Dinklage)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2018 3:42 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
14378 posts
6840 upvotes
Toronto

My Dinner with Herve (Villachaize HBO biopic starring Peter Dinklage)

I don't know if this means anything to the younger set who didn't grow up with Fantasy Island starring Ricardo Montalban (another strong personality)

3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
5603 posts
5806 upvotes
GTA
I'd watch this. It stars Dinklage who is great, and is about one of the best Bond Villains ever Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes

Herve was pretty messed up from what I know, I think he was a major alcoholic. He was like the short version of Andre the Giant, popular and loved but suffering from his physical stature. RIP both of them
c'mon get happy!
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13618 posts
2979 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Interesting... coupla tidbits from his wiki page.

*Though popular with the public, Villechaize proved a difficult actor on Fantasy Island, where he continually propositioned women and quarreled with the producers. He was eventually fired after demanding a salary on a par with that of his co-star Ricardo Montalbán. Villechaize was replaced with Christopher Hewett, of Mr. Belvedere and The Producers fame.

*In the early morning hours of 4 September 1993, Villechaize is believed to have first fired a shot through the sliding glass patio door in order to awaken his longtime girlfriend, Kathy Self, before shooting himself at his North Hollywood home. Self found Villechaize in his backyard, and he was pronounced dead at a North Hollywood facility. Villechaize left a suicide note saying he was despondent over longtime health problems.[5][6] Villechaize was suffering from chronic pain due to having normal-sized internal organs putting increasing pressure on his small body. According to Self, Villechaize often slept in a kneeling position so he could breathe more easily.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)