• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2020 6:52 am
[OP]
Jun 11, 2019
174 posts
143 upvotes
North York, Toronto

My mom needs a new BT headset

I'm having trouble finding the correct pair, looking for some user feedback and recommendations. She's an HR exec working from home, spends the entire work day on the phone.

I personally use ATHM50XBT. She likes the features, the option for inline mic, but they're too big and probably delicate for her use.

I also have the new Powerbeats, she's insistent that buds are not her thing even though I know it'll be the most comfortable for her. But the Powerbeats have trash connectivity, almost unusable tbh.

So this reduces my options to almost nothing. Basically what I'm looking for is on-ear and not too clampy on the head. Must have a good mic, decent battery. In or around $100 not inc tax.

ATHS200BT? I was reading that the mic is useless.
Sony WHCH510? Any feedback?

Thanks!
2 replies
Nov 6, 2014
746 posts
1142 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
I have two of the Logitech H800 because they are soooo good. They are extremely comfortable and have excellent mic/sound quality for meetings. You can wear these all day and not feel any fatigue. They have sound controls on the right side. They come with a micro USB dongle for your PC/Laptop OR your can bluetooth pair them to your phone or PC. They have adjustable headband. They are 95% perfect for me. The only down side is that the battery lasts about 6hrs of constantly being on. So you will have to charge them during they day if you use them continously longer than that (or shut them off during inactivity). They will work even if the battery is dead by plugging them in to charge. I've had these for 3 years now and am in meetings often for 7+ hours a day. These were a life saver for me. I did end up getting a larger battery for them to increase runtime to 12hrs. I'm extremely happy with them given the amount of use I've put them through.

Bonus - they even foldup neatly, are very lightweight have also have music controls for ff/rw/pause/play/mute/vol+-

https://www.staples.ca/products/389086- ... adset-h800

good luck with your search.

You won't regret getting them.
[OP]
Jun 11, 2019
174 posts
143 upvotes
North York, Toronto
fordmaple wrote: I have two of the Logitech H800 because they are soooo good. They are extremely comfortable and have excellent mic/sound quality for meetings. You can wear these all day and not feel any fatigue. They have sound controls on the right side. They come with a micro USB dongle for your PC/Laptop OR your can bluetooth pair them to your phone or PC. They have adjustable headband. They are 95% perfect for me. The only down side is that the battery lasts about 6hrs of constantly being on. So you will have to charge them during they day if you use them continously longer than that (or shut them off during inactivity). They will work even if the battery is dead by plugging them in to charge. I've had these for 3 years now and am in meetings often for 7+ hours a day. These were a life saver for me. I did end up getting a larger battery for them to increase runtime to 12hrs. I'm extremely happy with them given the amount of use I've put them through.

Bonus - they even foldup neatly, are very lightweight have also have music controls for ff/rw/pause/play/mute/vol+-

https://www.staples.ca/products/389086- ... adset-h800

good luck with your search.

You won't regret getting them.
Thanks for the review, this is a solid recommendation. 6 hours of battery does seem a bit short, but I think she just wants the wireless for when she has to move around. Cheers!