Dec 31, 2001
760 posts
BC

My order is cancelled

I've got first cancelled order

Placed on 12/25 6pm pst,

Shipment 1 - Shipment Cancelled

Item Status Qty. Price
Miles Davis - Complete Miles Davis At Montreux... [Box] Shipment Cancelled 1 $14.99 $0.00
Shipment Method: Purolator Air $0.00
67 replies
[OP]
Dec 31, 2001
760 posts
BC
Put your cancelled order here
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2001
3425 posts
80 upvotes
Raxel wrote:I've got first cancelled order

Placed on 12/25 6pm pst,

Item Status Qty. Price
Miles Davis - Complete Miles Davis At Montreux... [Box] Shipment Cancelled 1 $14.99 $0.00
Shipment Method: Purolator Air $0.00
Ouch, we may be seeing a lot of these in the next little while :(
Heat 51-0-0

External links in signatures are not allowed except for Heatware and Ebay ratings.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2002
1162 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
I got one of my orders cancelled too. stupid fs. :mad:

Item Status Qty. Price
Nirvana (USA) - With The Lights Out [CD & DVD] [Box] [11/23] * Shipment Cancelled 1 $14.99 $0.00
Shipment Method: Purolator Ground
Nov 13, 2003
765 posts
21 upvotes
Montreal
When the box sets for $14.99 were pointed out yesterday I ordered about 8 or 9 of them in rapid succession. Only one of them has been cancelled so far. It would be nice if they would send out coupons or something like that as compensation at least. Notification of any sort would be good at the very least but then again BB didn't do a great job of notification when they cancelled all those orders that used the newsletter coupon and FS owns them.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2001
3425 posts
80 upvotes
Did the status on any of these cancelled orders change to "released" at all before the were cancelled?
Heat 51-0-0

External links in signatures are not allowed except for Heatware and Ebay ratings.
Nov 13, 2003
765 posts
21 upvotes
Montreal
Mike71 wrote:Did the status on any of these cancelled orders change to "released" at all before the were cancelled?
All my orders were for out of stock items.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2004
4261 posts
49 upvotes
Item Status Qty. Price
Ella Fitzgerald - The Complete Ella Fitzgerald Song Books [Box] Shipment Cancelled 1 $14.99 $0.00
Shipment Method: Purolator Ground $0.00

Those bastards...lol, oh well. It was worth a try. Should have at least given us a notice or something though..
Jun 25, 2004
284 posts
46 upvotes
Hmmm, had the orders been "processed" yet? If they had, perhaps we could cause a bit of ruckus...
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2004
4261 posts
49 upvotes
pkthree wrote:Hmmm, had the orders been "processed" yet? If they had, perhaps we could cause a bit of ruckus...
Mine had been processed....I got an email saying so this morning...
Dear our favourite customer,
Order xxxxxx was successfully processed today. We will ship each item as it becomes available. There is no extra cost for separate shipments and you will only be charged at the time we ship that item. In addition we will send you a new ship notice email as each item ships from our facilities.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2002
3569 posts
34 upvotes
Sask
Wildfire wrote:Shipment 1 - Shipment Cancelled
Item Status Qty. Price
Ella Fitzgerald - The Complete Ella Fitzgerald Song Books [Box] Shipment Cancelled 1 $14.99 $0.00
Shipment Method: Purolator Ground $0.00

Those bastards...lol, oh well. It was worth a try. Should have at least given us a notice or something though..
In all decency you were trying to exploit an item with a obvious pricing mistake. Would you shoplift if you sensed the staff wasn't paying attention? If you noticed the clerk miskeyed your $200 purchase as $20 would you say something? It's kind of the same thing.
Jun 25, 2004
284 posts
46 upvotes
In all decency boxing day deals aren't really deals anyway. Would you blame people for trying to get a deal which is clearly the retailer's own fault - are we trying to protect retailers? If you noticed that stores are blatantly ripping customers off and store clerks tell less-educated customers that the non-deal is really a super deal, don't you wonder whether anybody out there has "clean hands"? It's all the same game!
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2004
4261 posts
49 upvotes
Neil wrote: Would you shoplift if you sensed the staff wasn't paying attention? If you noticed the clerk miskeyed your $200 purchase as $20 would you say something? It's kind of the same thing.
That's a ludicris comparison. No one is complaining. We are just updating cancelled orders in this thread. Relax.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2002
3569 posts
34 upvotes
Sask
Wildfire wrote:That's a ludicris comparison. No one is complaining. We are just updating cancelled orders in this thread. Relax.
Pipe down your own self. Someone called the retailers bastards and someone else thought they should be entitled to compensation. Be completely honest here when you answer these 2 questions:

- Did you order the box set believing that was a true and fair sale price, or were you trying to scam it for $15 and hope not to be noticed?

- If you found that $200 box set at the store, and the clerk mistakenly rang it up at $14.99 would you tell her or sneak out of there?
Dec 5, 2002
284 posts
95 upvotes
The quote above was "those bastards, lol" so I wouldn't take it too seriously.

I had two orders for different people cancelled, as expected. No biggie.
Jun 25, 2004
284 posts
46 upvotes
- Did you order the box set believing that was a true and fair sale price, or were you trying to scam it for $15 and hope not to be noticed?
Scam? Since when are we scamming anybody? Best Buy (or whoever) listed it at $14.99, not us.
- If you found that $200 box set at the store, and the clerk mistakenly rang it up at $14.99 would you tell her or sneak out of there?
Personally, I wouldn't buy the box set at $200. Best Buy has ADVERTISED the price to be $14.99, so how is this a fair comparison?
Someone called the retailers bastards and someone else thought they should be entitled to compensation.
Compensation? Let me play devil's advocate for a second. Say you see the box set on sale at Futureshop for $49.99, but for some reason Best Buy has it for $19.99. So you order it from Best Buy. In the meantime, Futureshop sells out of it, and Best Buy cancels your order. The regular price at both stores is $200. Best Buy has just cost you $150.
Neil wrote:Pipe down your own self.
Let's stop attacking each other and focus on the issue at hand.
Nov 26, 2003
384 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Big retailers (like FS) take advantage of customers all the time. They aren't required to be moral... it's business. For some reason, we feel we need to be moral. It's unfortunate.

For those who don't mind 'taking advantage' of the big retailers, do it. They don't hesitate to charge you more than a product is worth, so don't hesitate to pay less than it's worth.
Dec 27, 2001
128 posts
5 upvotes
In all fairness... I think there is a difference between a mistake at the register, and a retailer putting a crazy price sticker on something. When I saw those box-sets on for $14.99, I tried to order them, as the retailer should review things, and also has a chance to cancel orders (as they are doing now). If the system screwed up while I was checking out, that would be another matter, and it wouldn't feel right taking something that is supposed to be $73.99 because of a system error.

My question is, has everyone received confirmation emails from FS yet? I ordered those Logitech Z560 speakers and I haven't received anything in my email confirming that the order went through. I should have made note of the order confirmation #, but figured I didn't need it since an email was coming. My BB confirmation emails came through pretty quickly.
Nov 13, 2003
765 posts
21 upvotes
Montreal
scarboroughjoe wrote:My question is, has everyone received confirmation emails from FS yet? I ordered those Logitech Z560 speakers and I haven't received anything in my email confirming that the order went through. I should have made note of the order confirmation #, but figured I didn't need it since an email was coming. My BB confirmation emails came through pretty quickly.
I ordered a few CD box sets and only one has been cancelled so far. I haven't received any cancellation related e-mails from FS.
Nov 26, 2003
384 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
scarboroughjoe wrote:My question is, has everyone received confirmation emails from FS yet? I ordered those Logitech Z560 speakers and I haven't received anything in my email confirming that the order went through. I should have made note of the order confirmation #, but figured I didn't need it since an email was coming. My BB confirmation emails came through pretty quickly.
You can login to the FS website and check your order status (and get the order number). It is not uncommon to wait several hours to get the first confirmation email indicating that your order has been processed.